• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Discussing other's weather -- local or not -- is it a crime?

North Balti Zen

I had been reading that thread all night, Katie. Man you can be unfriendly.

Thanks for making my point. I get it, I am not in.

Well maybe if you didn't act like a child, cussing at people and such... maybe you would be "in".

If you were reading about it where it was taking place, there was no reason to mention it here. End of story.

I had been reading that thread all night, Katie. Man you can be unfriendly.

Thanks for making my point. I get it, I am not in.

Seriously...it is NOT about being in or not. It's about the fact that the TOPIC being debated here did NOT belong in the thread. It's not a question of who posted it...you really seem to have an issue understanding this.

A very brief mention and link would have done fine. There is no need to discuss the STL tornado in two threads across regional boundaries. It's the same region why I wouldn't post in a Mid-Atl winter storm thread a report of thundersnow in Oregon.

Nobody is being "mean" to you either. We have been trying to help you understand just like you wanted - which is not working.

You act like we are being cliquish...it didn't belong in the thread pure and simple...not because of WHO you are but because of the TOPIC.

Well maybe if you didn't act like a child, cussing at people and such... maybe you would be "in".

If you were reading about it where it was taking place, there was no reason to mention it here. End of story.

RIght. Because the language from you and others has always been so clean on here and Eastern. Please. And I didn't almost get in gawdawful trouble at work a few months ago when a war broke out at 40s and a whole bunch of pics were uploaded that were not exactly family friendly involving long-time board members here and there. But yeah, crazy, my language.

Up until the thread title was just changed, I wasn't even off-base in mentioning it on here. Amongst those who might have wanted to discuss it.

RIght. Because the language from you and others has always been so clean on here and Eastern. Please.

Up until the thread title was just changed, I wasn't even off-base in mentioning it on here. Amongst those who might have wanted to discuss it.

Well I just thought it was understood that a thread in a regional thread meant it was for that region. I also do not think I am off base with that assumption.

If I intended it to be general discussion I would have placed it in the main weather forum.

To EVERYONE in this thread -

The intentions of this thread are for local weather enthusiasts and local meteorologists to share thoughts about upcoming and past severe weather events for the DC/Baltimore area and surrounding areas. This means looking at potential events coming down the pike, looking at possible analogs and some reminiscing about past events.

RIght. Because the language from you and others has always been so clean on here and Eastern. Please.

Yup and I'm pretty sure I've been warned for such language in the past, all you got tonight was a "meltdown" post from Ian and you are still whining about it.

And you are seriously going to play the title as the reason why you thought it was ok? Seriously? Give me a break dude, you have been around long enough to know these subforums operate.

RIght. Because the language from you and others has always been so clean on here and Eastern. Please. And I didn't almost get in gawdawful trouble at work a few months ago when a war broke out at 40s and a whole bunch of pics were uploaded that were not exactly family friendly involving long-time board members here and there. But yeah, crazy, my language.

Has nothing to do with this board, this thread and YOUR problem.

My advice for you, stop acting like a baby and maybe one day you can be "in" since it seems you have some unresolved issues about not being a part of the "cool" group. This isn't the first time you've mentioned it and probably won't be the last.

Yeah, Katie, I did. Even with the sub-forums, given the title and the lack of anything around here, I thought it okay to discuss something of interest elsewhere.

Okay, well you hang on to the title issue for your reasoning behind posting here. You've been told you were wrong.

No, but given the commonality of the members, it is relevant to the shocked SHOCKED at such language stuff. I apologized to klm, but also don't think that cussing in general is something new to this group. But I will back it off in the future.

My advice for you, stop acting like a baby and maybe one day you can be "in" since it seems you have some unresolved issues about not being a part of the "cool" group. This isn't the first time you've mentioned it and probably won't be the last.

No worries. Per usual, you have made it abundantly clear how it works.

The "cool group"? What is this, middle school?

You did a fine job of demonstrating that that is exactly what it is.

First - there were a few of us watching it, but we were in the Central Subforum where it was being discussed.

Second - I wouldn't have put it here, as it didn't belong here.

I'm not speaking for others, I'm speaking for me, since you used me as an example.

Let's see if I can make this clearer for you.

It. Doesn't. Belong. In. This. Thread.

I don't care what others have done on other nights. You have been on these boards long enough to know how they operate.

And since you seem to be having an issue finding where the tornado was being discussed, here... I've made it easy for you

http://www.americanw...r/page__st__160

Please. Why would he want to be?

Yup and I'm pretty sure I've been warned for such language in the past, all you got tonight was a "meltdown" post from Ian and you are still whining about it.

And you are seriously going to play the title as the reason why you thought it was ok? Seriously? Give me a break dude, you have been around long enough to know these subforums operate.

:lol:

Okay, well you hang on to the title issue for your reasoning behind posting here. You've been told you were wrong.

And this job falls to you for what reason?

He was told to "chill" by a couple of posters. I say that it is you, and others who need to chill. He posted an interesting comment about severe weather in a severe weather thread. Unless a person was monitoring the weather in another location, or scanning another thread, it helps to have something posted about it here. It's just like the other day with the Raleigh tornado. Many had no idea it was taking place, and were glad that someone posted about it here. I can just see some here in their weather "war room", with several TVs on the wall dispaying various weather channels, weather internet sites, message boards, etc., sitting there in their pajamas, coffee cups around, food wrappers lying around, just waiting on someone to violate one of the "rules" laid down by the "cool" group. Do the world a favor and get a life. It's just weather, and look at how it makes some of you behave.

I say more power to the man for posting what he did. It helped me as I immediately went to the local weather and news out there to see what was going on.

This whole thing, to me, just points out how bad these subforums really are.

You did a fine job of demonstrating that that is exactly what it is

Please. Why would he want to be

:lol:

He was told to "chill" by a couple of posters. I say that it is you, and others who need to chill. He posted an interesting comment about severe weather in a severe weather thread. Unless a person was monitoring the weather in another location, or scanning another thread, it helps to have something posted about it here. It's just like the other day with the Raleigh tornado. Many had no idea it was taking place, and were glad that someone posted about it here. I can just see some here in their weather "war room", with several TVs on the wall dispaying various weather channels, weather internet sites, message boards, etc., sitting there in their pajamas, coffee cups around, food wrappers lying around, just waiting on someone to violate one of the "rules" laid down by the "cool" group. Do the world a favor and get a life. It's just weather, and look at how it makes some of you behave.

I say more power to the man for posting what he did. It helped me as I immediately went to the local weather and news out there to see what was going on.

Yup! I'm the bad guy, Mean Katie. GRRRR. Who needs a life! :lol:

Thank you for the laughs this fine morning. :wub:

Again...I said that ONE POST about it was not a problem. But he wanted to DISCUSS it here. Can we just let this thing die already. What you folks are doing in here is beating a dead horse. And you are responsible for bringing it back to the forefront. People had calmed down a bit. Not everyone has to post about it and beat the dead horse.

Again...I said that ONE POST about it was not a problem. But he wanted to DISCUSS it here. Can we just let this thing die already. What you folks are doing in here is beating a dead horse. And you are responsible for bringing it back to the forefront. People had calmed down a bit. Not everyone has to post about it and beat the dead horse.

No no no, its not your fault. Its all mine. I'm the board meanie remember.

Blah lol...

I wish folks would take this out of my thread though...I was actually enjoying what this thread was over the last few months. But I guess it's whatever. :(

I PMd Ian last night asking him to delete the stuff since the thread turned to poop. Sorry buddy :(

I really dont see the issue with talking about the tornados in STL last night here. It is quiet and boring wx here, nothing much going on. If we were in the middle of some exciting wx then I would say yeah, keep it out of the thread. I agree on both sides with some points, but it happens as well when Mark, posts severe wx warnings and watches from the carolinas as well. It is what it is, but wx board bidness is serious stuff

I really dont see the issue with talking about the tornados in STL last night here. It is quiet and boring wx here, nothing much going on. If we were in the middle of some exciting wx then I would say yeah, keep it out of the thread. I agree on both sides with some points, but it happens as well when Mark, posts severe wx warnings and watches from the carolinas as well. It is what it is, but wx board bidness is serious stuff

I don't post stuff from the Carolinas in here, unless it's to say "I'm going to NC see y'all later!"

LOL not true, you were posting about some severe storms that were in NC a few weeks ago bro. Warnings and stuff like that. It is here somewhere.

They were in southern VA along the border (and were traveling NE) :rolleyes: I had posted one or two warnings that had VA and NC counties in the warnings.

EDIT:

Found one post where I summarized my chase that eventually ended up in NC at the end of the severe wx discussion on the Feb. 28th: http://www.americanw...post__p__521038

Even at the very least, at least when I DO go out-of-region, the areas are still adjacent to us :P

Archived