• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Discussing other's weather -- local or not -- is it a crime?

North Balti Zen

Tell you what, St. Louis got an early jump on this period of weather, the pics from the airport there where they took a direct hit from a tornado tonight are quite something. Sounds like extensive damage in and around the StL metro area, and people trapped in collapsed homes.

You know, there IS another sub-forum where all of this discussion is already taking place. I suggest you check it out...

You know, there IS another sub-forum where all of this discussion is already taking place. I suggest you check it out...

Awesome, Ellinwood. Thanks. What a friendly sub-forum this remains. Per my post earlier, I mentioned that was a good forum to read, so clearly I found it. My bad for trying to discuss some of those dynamics here. Are we REALLY to not say ****e about it while we sit in 44 degrees and a gentle rain? Say nothing while we wait five days for another chance here? How is it any ****in' skin off your nose?

Must this sub-forum forever be filled with a-holes?

Awesome, Ellinwood. Thanks. What a friendly sub-forum this remains. Per my post earlier, I mentioned that was a good forum to read, so clearly I found it. My bad for trying to discuss some of those dynamics here. Are we REALLY to not say ****e about it while we sit in 44 degrees and a gentle rain? Say nothing while we wait five days for another chance here? How is it any ****in' skin off your nose?

Yeah he did come across as terse so I definitely agree with you there.

At the same time though - why not discuss the dynamics of that situation there? I don't see a problem with letting this thread lie dormant until our next threat. It's not like it always has to be active - lets let the central forum take center stage.

You have not related any of the stuff happening out west into what effects it could have downstream in our region. I would be talking about OUR potential myself if I wasn't busy doing other things.

Yeah he did come across as terse so I definitely agree with you there.

People should know that I'm rather blunt about things by now :P

You have not related any of the stuff happening out west into what effects it could have downstream in our region. I would be talking about OUR potential myself if I wasn't busy doing other things.

People should know that I'm rather blunt about things by now :P

you should be looking at the 18z gfs after day 10

Well, KLM, since they had a tornado on the ground, not really a place for a strict amateur like me to pop in with questions in their thread and I clearly had no obs since I live in ****in' baltimore.

Seriously, my bad for looking for a little chatter on the set-up over here. I thought there were severe weather lovers who might be interested in that, even though not in our area. I am apparently wrong. My bad also at thinking of this as a "home" thread to discuss stuff like that during our down times.

Seriously too many ****ing sticks in orifices at times on here. But, hey, message received. Carry the **** on, weather awesome people.

Well, KLM, since they had a tornado on the ground, not really a place for a strict amateur like me to pop in with questions in their thread and I clearly had no obs since I live in ****in' baltimore.

Seriously, my bad for looking for a little chatter on the set-up over here. I thought there were severe weather lovers who might be interested in that, even though not in our area. I am apparently wrong. My bad also at thinking of this as a "home" thread to discuss stuff like that during our down times.

Seriously too many ****ing sticks in orifices at times on here. But, hey, message received. Carry the **** on, weather awesome people.

lol. Chill, dude. You can post in the other sub-forums just fine, so long as you stay on-topic. There's no reason to fear posting outside of your IMBY region.

lol. Chill, dude. You can post in the other sub-forums just fine, so long as you stay on-topic. There's no reason to fear posting outside of your IMBY region.

LOL Are you the forum police now? You of all people are always posting severe wx in the mid altantic, that is hundreds and hundreds miles away but he cant talk about the airport and storms in STL? Come on Mark, you need to relax. It is weather we are talking about here LOL

Everyone take a chill pill...

And NE Balt Zen...I wasn't rude to you at any point...I think I was fairly polite through the entire thing so I don't really appreciate your disrespectful and vulgar response to me. I even agreed with you about Ellinwoods terse tone. But thanks for the obvious indication that you have a temper...even when I tried to just nudge the thread back to calmness. I'll know who to look out for in the future. Thanks and goodnight.

Oh and thanks for referring to me as a "stick in an orifice" what a colorful mouth you have. I took NO temper with you whatsoever but from now on I know who not to be nice to.

I would also have thought no ****in' big deal posting on something interesting going on elsewhere in a thread on our region either.

But, to keep it on topic...

44!

And drizzle!

Let's go the RUC to see what it shows for the morning!!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH, more stability!

Wrong thread :P

LOL Are you the forum police now? You of all people are always posting severe wx in the mid altantic, that is hundreds and hundreds miles away but he cant talk about the airport and storms in STL? Come on Mark, you need to relax. It is weather we are talking about here LOL

Can't tell if srs? :P Only time I go out-of-region is when discussing PA, and I always just mention it while mostly discussing our region. I was a little bad when discussing chasing last summer, but I got the hint a long time ago :D

Everyone take a chill pill...

And NE Balt Zen...I wasn't rude to you at any point...I think I was fairly polite through the entire thing so I don't really appreciate your disrespectful and vulgar response to me. I even agreed with you about Ellinwoods terse tone. But thanks for the obvious indication that you have a temper...even when I tried to just nudge the thread back to calmness. I'll know who to look out for in the future. Thanks and goodnight.

Oh and thanks for referring to me as a "stick in an orifice" what a colorful mouth you have. I took NO temper with you whatsoever but from now on I know who not to be nice to.

My bad. That remark wasn't for you. But it was a general observation about our region from too many. I would have thought, given how many updates I've read from ellinwood about chases to places hundreds and hundreds of miles from our region that it was okay to note something of interest outside our region. That was my thought. Again, I now know different.

I am chill. My main irritation is thinking I can treat this board as a place of friends. I am reminded, again, that it is most certainly not that. Or, at least, that I am forever NOT part of the cool group. I got it. Message delivered.

My bad. That remark wasn't for you. But it was a general observation about our region from too many. I would have thought, given how many updates I've read from ellinwood about chases to placed hundreds and hundreds of miles from our region that it was okay to note something of interest outside our region. That was my thought. Again, I now know different.

I am chill. My main irritation is thinking I can treat this board as a place of friends. I am reminded, again, that it is most certainly not that. Or, at least, that I am forever NOT part of the cool group. I got it. Message delivered.

The "cool group"? What is this, middle school?

Ellinwood was just Joshin with you a bit, just return the favor in the same manner and bolt ;) No reason to flip out.

The "cool group"? What is this, middle school?

Got me. And, seriously, it does matter "who" you are. I would guess if you had mentioned on here, or Ian, say, or a few others, about the tornado damage at StL airport, that it doesn't draw that kind of stuff from ellinwood. So, yeah, who you are does matter. And I sure don't think I have cluttered threads with crap in my time on here, but also clearly apparently don't get any benefit of the doubt.

Again, I am sorry. I thought it interesting that particular supercell in StL proper. I had been watching it for hours and wanted to see if anyone on this forum had been watching it as well. Because I felt like I kinda "know" the folks on here. I thought it appropriate to maybe mention it here. That's all. I am still trying to find a place on the board, and, clearly, I have not yet.

ETA: And, to be clear, I always like reading ellinwood's thoughts on where he is going to chase, even if not anywhere remotely near the MA area. It never bothered me that it wasn't specific to our immediate area. But I get now that I should not similarly post looking for chatter on an immediate event elsewhere. Even if we are in a dead period for stuff to chat about in our region.

Got me. And, seriously, it does matter "who" you are. I would guess if you had mentioned on here, or Ian, say, or a few others, about the tornado damage at StL airport, that it doesn't draw that kind of stuff from ellinwood. So, yeah, who you are does matter. And I sure don't think I have cluttered threads with crap in my time on here, but also clearly apparently don't get any benefit of the doubt.

Again, I am sorry. I thought it interesting that particular supercell in StL proper. I had been watching it for hours and wanted to see if anyone on this forum had been watching it as well. Because I felt like I kinda "know" the folks on here. I thought it appropriate to maybe mention it here. That's all. I am still trying to find a place on the board, and, clearly, I have not yet.

First - there were a few of us watching it, but we were in the Central Subforum where it was being discussed.

Second - I wouldn't have put it here, as it didn't belong here.

First - there were a few of us watching it, but we were in the Central Subforum where it was being discussed.

Right. I get that. This is not a place I should feel at home to discuss amongst you all stuff not in our immediate area. Message received. Others can, but I cannot. Again, I had thought of this as a place where there were people who were similarly intererested in events like what transpired in StL. Even though we are not from there.

Right. I get that. This is not a place I should feel at home to discuss amongst you all stuff not in our immediate area. Message received. Others can, but I cannot.

I'm not speaking for others, I'm speaking for me, since you used me as an example.

That's awesome that you and others were also watching it. So why can't we discuss it again? I wouldn't have known that, which is why I mentioned it on here? What was so wrong with that?

That's awesome that you and others were also watching it. So why can't we discuss it again? I wouldn't have known that, which is why I mentioned it on here? What was so wrong with that?

Nothing was wrong - the only thing people are trying to point out to you is that MW/Central stuff should go in the proper thread. It is true that perhaps somebody else on a different night might have gotten away with it. But a simple link to the proper forum would have done fine.

Nobody says you can't discuss things with your "forum friends" but you can also look at the people viewing the thread over on the bottom. I guess the point here is to keep the forum as a whole organized and also on topic.

Let's see if I can make this clearer for you.

It. Doesn't. Belong. In. This. Thread.

I don't care what others have done on other nights. You have been on these boards long enough to know how they operate.

My other thought was that "Severe Storm Thread (Ongoing)" was an okay place for that, even if not in our region, kml. Going by the title, a note about the tornado damage in StL as it happened seemed to fit the parameter of the literal thread title, even though not in our region. Especially since this is not a period where there was anything to discuss with respect to potential severe weather for our area.

Again, I am sorry. It won't happen again.

Archived