Total Members
    Most Online
    Ring of Fireflies
    Newest Member
    Ring of Fireflies
April 24-28 Severe/Warmth Thread

NaoPos

I hope the southern part of this line grows rapidly

It will. Take a look at Vis Sat. Both sides of the Chesapeake are clearing up and so is Delaware. Instability is actually already impressive for so early in the day, with sunshine that'll skyrocket down there.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the n & w burbs are going to get theirs over the next hr or so. the cell in eastern lancaster has been pretty nasty and has history of occasionally showing rotation.

Philly should be after 12 with the stuff down by DC. Not as nasty from a wind standpoint but there's some frequent lightning in that cell in MD.

Looks like the n & w burbs are going to get theirs over the next hr or so. the cell in eastern lancaster has been pretty nasty and has history of occasionally showing rotation.

Philly should be after 12 with the stuff down by DC. Not as nasty from a wind standpoint but there's some frequent lightning in that cell in MD.

Northern Chester and Mont. Co. are under the gun with that nasty cell. Wow.

Northern Chester and Mont. Co. are under the gun with that nasty cell. Wow.

That cell coming out of Lancaster County means business, the tower continues to rise and it's even getting a hail core. Also a noteworthy increase in CG right where the core is...heads up Gilbertsville and Pottstown!

I wonder if the unimpressive stormd by Baltimore will strengthen as they move into PA...

Also, the argument that one storm is robbing everything is not valid. As we saw yesterday in AL, this is an environemnt that will allow storms to stay discrete much longer than they normally would.

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

TORNADO WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ

1058 AM EDT THU APR 28 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY NJ HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

SOUTH CENTRAL NORTHAMPTON COUNTY IN EASTERN PENNSYLVANIA...

NORTHWESTERN HUNTERDON COUNTY IN NORTHWEST NEW JERSEY...

SOUTHWESTERN WARREN COUNTY IN NORTHWEST NEW JERSEY...

NORTH CENTRAL BUCKS COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA...

* UNTIL 1130 AM EDT

* AT 1057 AM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO NEAR FERNDALE...

OR 9 MILES SOUTH OF EASTON...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 50 MPH.

* THE TORNADO WILL BE NEAR...

HAMPTON...GLEN GARDNER...HIGH BRIDGE AND WASHINGTON BY 1105 AM

EDT...

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

IN ADDITION TO THE TORNADO...THIS STORM IS CAPABLE OF PRODUCING

QUARTER SIZE HAIL AND DAMAGING STRAIGHT LINE WINDS.

Congrats to everyone who got some action. I have sun here little to late and yes I was right the 2 sets of storms killed it for me here at work and home ask any met and they will say I am right.

Good grief. Relax. This is not your typical frontal passage. Just look at all the embedded action down south the past several days. You will see severe, just PRAY you and your family are not pulled into the vortex. Your posts continue to show just how clueless you are when it comes to severe weather and deadly situation. "Oh man, this sux, I am not going to get a F3 tornado that destoys my neighborhood and kills the family next door"

Stop it already

Archived