Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
April 24-28 Severe/Warmth Thread

NaoPos

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Severe storm moving into southern Monmouth. I'm at a high spot with several miles viewing. Near blm. First cell brought gusty winds and hvy rain. No ctg. The one behind it looks nasty as it went severe and MT holly posted warnings just recently. Cool cloud bands as the first storm exits. Very dark to the west.

had 3 storms,  rain total of 1.07. first one was a tornado warned storm but was nothing at all. Actually all three were very weak with not much besides rain.  brings my precip total for the year (since jan 1st) to over 25 inches of liquid

What a day for storms around here. Picked up 1.48" of rain. Lots of flash flooding around here earlier.

Wow, Did you witness any tornadic activity down that way. I thought I heard via public safety feed that a local york county fire chief was reporting tornadic damage (trees falling in opposite directions and extensive house damage to one side of the street) at around 9am this morning. Did you see anything like that?

Wow, Did you witness any tornadic activity down that way. I thought I heard via public safety feed that a local york county fire chief was reporting tornadic damage (trees falling in opposite directions and extensive house damage to one side of the street) at around 9am this morning. Did you see anything like that?

No... nothing like that around here. Had very heavy rain that caused flash flooding, but nothing tornadic.

The storms entering Mont. Co. are going to slide just to my north (I think). Skies dark up that way. I can hear thunder in the distance.

We got pwned with some heavy rain for about 20-30 minutes around 11 at the office in Limerick...then again with round two at Noon.

Yea here in Mt. Laurel we got a particularly violent cell around 1 which I was suprise never had a warning attached to it, then we had the main stuff come through around 130-145. A couple of good lightnings then we were out of it real quick. Was kind of a bust considering that most of the western suburbs got multiple storms since the morning. But I guess I'll consider myself luck compared with whats going on in Alabama. Though I've watched 100s of tornados on youtube, the videos that were posted yesterday are quite disturbing

Went out striped bass fishing yesterday up by the ATlantic highlands. (stripers, pronounced STRY-PERS, not to be confused with STRIP-PERS :whistle: )

Just wanted to share these pix i got. not our region, but i figured if i'm from the forum, why not?

I know this is technically CTP's domain, but 2 tornadoes were confirmed in Lebanon County, PA.

000NOUS41 KCTP 290018PNSCTPPAZ059-290430-PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENTNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE STATE COLLEGE PA818 PM EDT THU APR 28 2011...TORNADO CONFIRMED NEAR ONO IN LEBANON COUNTY PENNSYLVANIA...LOCATION...NEAR ONO IN LEBANON COUNTY PENNSYLVANIADATE...04/28/2011ESTIMATED TIME...630 AM EDTMAXIMUM EF-SCALE RATING...EF2ESTIMATED MAXIMUM WIND SPEED...115 MPHMAXIMUM PATH WIDTH...200 YARDSPATH LENGTH...2 MILESBEGINNING LAT/LON...MENDING LAT/LON...M* FATALITIES...0* INJURIES...0* THE INFORMATION IN THIS STATEMENT IS PRELIMINARY AND SUBJECT TOCHANGE PENDING FINAL REVIEW OF THE EVENT(S) AND PUBLICATION IN NWSSTORM DATA....SUMMARY...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STATE COLLEGE PA HAS CONFIRMED ANEF2 TORNADO NEAR ONO IN LEBANON COUNTY PENNSYLVANIA AROUND 630 AM...APRIL 28, 2011.THE TORNADO TOUCHED DOWN NEAR JONESTOWN ROAD AND REED`S CREEK ANDTRAVELED UP TO APPROXIMATELY INTERSTATE 81.4 HOMES WERE DAMAGED...2 MODERATELY1 BARN WAS DESTROYED...2 OTHERS WERE DAMAGED1 FARM OUTBUILDING WAS DESTROYED...2 OTHERS WERE DAMAGED ALONG WITH A SILO.2 HIGH TENSION TOWERS WERE TOPPLED.APPROXIMATELY 200 TREES WERE KNOCKED DOWN.1 COW WAS INJURED.THIS INFORMATION CAN ALSO BE FOUND ON OUR WEBSITE ATWEATHER.GOV/CTP.FOR REFERENCE...THE ENHANCED FUJITA SCALE CLASSIFIES TORNADOES INTOTHE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES:EF0...WIND SPEEDS 65 TO 85 MPH.EF1...WIND SPEEDS 86 TO 110 MPH.EF2...WIND SPEEDS 111 TO 135 MPH.EF3...WIND SPEEDS 136 TO 165 MPH.EF4...WIND SPEEDS 166 TO 200 MPH.EF5...WIND SPEEDS GREATER THAN 200 MPH.$$LA CORTE/BUDD

000NOUS41 KCTP 282235PNSCTPPAZ059-290245-PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENTNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE STATE COLLEGE PA635 PM EDT THU APR 28 2011...TORNADO CONFIRMED NEAR PALMYRA IN LEBANON COUNTY PENNSYLVANIA...LOCATION...PALMYRA BOROUGH IN LEBANON COUNTY PENNSYLVANIADATE...APRIL 28 2011ESTIMATED TIME...625 AM EDTMAXIMUM EF-SCALE RATING...EF1ESTIMATED MAXIMUM WIND SPEED...90 MPHMAXIMUM PATH WIDTH...TBDPATH LENGTH...TBDBEGINNING LAT/LON...TBDENDING LAT/LON...TBD* FATALITIES...0* INJURIES...0* THE INFORMATION IN THIS STATEMENT IS PRELIMINARY AND SUBJECT TOCHANGE PENDING FINAL REVIEW OF THE EVENT(S) AND PUBLICATION IN NWSSTORM DATA....SUMMARY...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STATE COLLEGE PA HAS CONFIRMED AEF 1 TORNADO NEAR PALMYRA IN LEBANON COUNTY PENNSYLVANIA ON APRIL28 2011.A STORM SURVEY TEAM CONSISTING OF THE NWS STATE COLLEGE AND PALMYRABOROUGH/LEBANON COUNTY OFFICIALS CONFIRMED A WEAK EF1 TORNADO INPALMYRA BOROUGH. THE TORNADO LASTED APPROXIMATELY 2-3 MINUTES. THEMAJORITY OF THE DAMAGE WAS RATED EF0...WITH MODERATE EF1 STRUCTURALDAMAGE ON MAIN STREET. THE CORE OF THE DAMAGE SWATH EXTENDED FROMSOUTH LINGLETOWN AVENUE TO THE PALMYRA SHOPPING CENTER. NUMEROUSTREES AND ISOLATED UTILITY POLES WERE KNOCKED DOWN IN THE AREA.THIS INFORMATION CAN ALSO BE FOUND ON OUR WEBSITE ATWEATHER.GOV/CTP.FOR REFERENCE...THE ENHANCED FUJITA SCALE CLASSIFIES TORNADOES INTOTHE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES:EF0...WIND SPEEDS 65 TO 85 MPH.EF1...WIND SPEEDS 86 TO 110 MPH.EF2...WIND SPEEDS 111 TO 135 MPH.EF3...WIND SPEEDS 136 TO 165 MPH.EF4...WIND SPEEDS 166 TO 200 MPH.EF5...WIND SPEEDS GREATER THAN 200 MPH.$$STEINBUGL/BUDD

EF-2 is impressive for PA. When was the last EF-2 or higher?

I'm still surprised we never went under a Tornado Watch, given such good shear.

F2's are not uncommon for PA, Last F3 was back in 2004 and what do you know - Lebanon County

NCDC Storm Report:

Thunderstorms spawned a strong F3 tornado in southern Lebanon County during the afternoon of July 14. The tornado first touched down in far western Lebanon County at 3:05 pm EDT, about 1 mile west of the town of Campbelltown. The tornado traveled east, and struck a housing development about one quarter mile south of Route 322. A total of 32 homes were destroyed, with another 37 homes sustaining significant damage. An additional 50 homes and 9 farm buildings in the area were damaged by downburst winds associated with the thunderstorm which spawned the tornado. The tornado continued along a path to the east for seven and one half miles. The tornado crossed Route 322 west of Mount Pleasant, and continued east, mainly across fields, until it lifted up about 2 miles northwest of the town of Cornwall at 3:15 pm EDT. The width of the tornado was one quarter mile. Although the tornadic damage was confined to the path described, additional damage occurred outside this path, again associated with downburst winds from the parent thunderstorm. Winds were estimated between 175 and 200 MPH, making this a strong F3 tornado on the Fujita scale. The tornado injured 24 persons, one critically. There were no deaths. The American Red Cross opened a mass care center, where over 50 people required assistance with sheltering. Between 25,000 and 30,000 customers lost power in Lebanon and Berks Counties as a result of the storms.

F2's are not uncommon for PA, Last F3 was back in 2004 and what do you know - Lebanon County

NCDC Storm Report:

Thunderstorms spawned a strong F3 tornado in southern Lebanon County during the afternoon of July 14. The tornado first touched down in far western Lebanon County at 3:05 pm EDT, about 1 mile west of the town of Campbelltown. The tornado traveled east, and struck a housing development about one quarter mile south of Route 322. A total of 32 homes were destroyed, with another 37 homes sustaining significant damage. An additional 50 homes and 9 farm buildings in the area were damaged by downburst winds associated with the thunderstorm which spawned the tornado. The tornado continued along a path to the east for seven and one half miles. The tornado crossed Route 322 west of Mount Pleasant, and continued east, mainly across fields, until it lifted up about 2 miles northwest of the town of Cornwall at 3:15 pm EDT. The width of the tornado was one quarter mile. Although the tornadic damage was confined to the path described, additional damage occurred outside this path, again associated with downburst winds from the parent thunderstorm. Winds were estimated between 175 and 200 MPH, making this a strong F3 tornado on the Fujita scale. The tornado injured 24 persons, one critically. There were no deaths. The American Red Cross opened a mass care center, where over 50 people required assistance with sheltering. Between 25,000 and 30,000 customers lost power in Lebanon and Berks Counties as a result of the storms.

The area near Harrisburg, York, Lancaster etc definitely seems to be eastern PA's tornado alley.

Archived