• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Historic Tornado Outbreak April 27, 2011

The odds of this being another 'super outbreak' with 30 F4s and 6 F5s is about 1 in 1 million. Sure there will be a great number of tornadoes tomorrow, but to even put this outbreak in the same breath as the Super Outbreak is just foolish.

That is yet to be seen...Isn't it foolish for you to write it off the day before?? It is very unlikely but it is my position that I still hold

That is yet to be seen...Isn't it foolish for you to write it off the day before?? It is very unlikely but it is my position that I still hold

Hopefully you can join us in tropical season, when every tropical storm north of the islands with be comparable to Andrew.

Hopefully you can join us in tropical season, when every tropical storm north of the islands with be comparable to Andrew.

See you think your being smart again..I lived in south Florida between 2003-2008.....Port St. Lucie hmmm....Wilma, Jeane, Francis...yeah I went through all of them. I have a large knowledge base in hurricanes and I will be more than happy to get into an in depth conversation with you during hurricane season

I totally agree..very tough...now I said "close". I also agree very balsy but that is my opinion...I will have a fun day for chasing tomorrow

There are a wide range of opinions a person might have if we mostly ignore probabilities. And there's a reason why, if these opinions happen to surface in our heads, we try to keep them to ourselves with a reminder to strive for better objectivity in the future.

Just please don't come back saying "I told you so" if this outbreak does by chance happen to rival '74.

I'm not writing off anything, I just think that you don't realize just how epic 30 F4 and 6 F5 tornadoes are.

There are a wide range of opinions a person might have if we mostly ignore probabilities. And there's a reason why, if these opinions happen to surface in our heads, we try to keep them to ourselves with a reminder to strive for better objectivity in the future.

Just please don't come back saying "I told you so" if this outbreak does by chance happen to rival '74.

No I told you so if it does happen......

Hello Everyone! i just found this site just a couple of days ago and i gotta admit this is the best forum out there when it comes to weather with all the information and all the meteorologists giving thier analysis and thier opinions i just found a new home! i have always been interested in the weather ever since three years old and it has always been a hobby of mine i look forward to chatting with all and please be careful out there tomorrow as it looks like a potentially dangerous situation if i was in alabama mississippi tennessee all the way up into ohio i would be prepared for very dangerous and potential deadly weather.

Although RUC isn't usually the best performer with regard to morning MCS events, it is noteworthy that it shows absolutely zero morning precip occurring over the current MDT risk area, for the exception of the far northwestern sliver. No hint whatsoever of the morning convection shown by the NAM/GFS. It'll be interesting to see whether the HRRR shows something similar as well once we get into its range.

Although RUC isn't usually the best performer with regard to morning MCS events, it is noteworthy that it shows absolutely zero morning precip occurring over the current MDT risk area, for the exception of the far northwestern sliver. No hint whatsoever of the morning convection shown by the NAM/GFS. It'll be interesting to see whether the HRRR shows something similar as well once we get into its range.

You mean like this?

1ref_sfc_f15.png