• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
First 90F Temperature Contest

WxUSAF

Guess the first 90F reading at the 3 major airports in the area: DCA, IAD and BWI. Tiebreaker is the low temperature at BWI on the day of the first 90F reading.

Scoring works as follows: 1 point for every day away from the correct day, lowest score wins. Contest closes one week from today.

My guesses:

DCA: 8 May

IAD: 24 May

BWI: 24 May

Tiebreaker: 68F

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this may equate to a cooler regime if it is timed well. -NAO can assist a warmer regime later on I hear, but the -AO with a neutral NAO?

That is absolutely insane for Early May if it verifies.

ao.fcst.gif

nao.fcst.gif

Slightly +PNA progged

pna.fcst.gif

Or am I hugging the ensembles too heavily? Agreement seems OK.

13 contestants have accepted the challenge. Noreastericane's dates are already passed...so not looking good for him. Pazzo and weatherMA have today for some or all of the airports, and that will need a decent bump above forecasted maxes. Ellinwood has tomorrow and I don't think that will work out.

13 contestants have accepted the challenge. Noreastericane's dates are already passed...so not looking good for him. Pazzo and weatherMA have today for some or all of the airports, and that will need a decent bump above forecasted maxes. Ellinwood has tomorrow and I don't think that will work out.

I didn't feel like putting in a new forecast :P

Yea not lookin good for me. Oh well.

Yep I've already been mathematically eliminated. Good luck to the rest of you!

Archived