Newest Member
    joxey
April 2011 general discussion/obs thread

Hoosier

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Powerball

One is rolling in right now. Temp just dropped 8 degrees in 10 mins and the winds are howling. In fact as Im typing I just heard a clap of thunder. Sky is dark.

I can attest to the wind and temp drop. The sun popped out here and got up to 50. I decided to drive out and fish a pond. I just started fishing and the wind picked up and saw a shower on the horizon. I had a couple of gusts over 30 and I headed back to my truck. By the time I got there, it was pouring and my truck thermometer had dropped to 40. No thunder or hail though. But that rain was COLD!

Negative.

I'm exaggerating a bit, but I don't seen any signs a fundamental shift towards warmer weather. There'll be shots of warmth (like tomorrow), but with the storm track staying through the lakes, and the associated easterly flow, my thinking is that the cool, raw days are going to outnumber the summerish days this month. Just a hunch.

I'm exaggerating a bit, but I don't seen any signs a fundamental shift towards warmer weather. There'll be shots of warmth (like tomorrow), but with the storm track staying through the lakes, and the associated easterly flow, my thinking is that the cool, raw days are going to outnumber the summerish days this month. Just a hunch.

Looks like a typical early April for the Great Lakes. Things are moving along just fine.

Last year was a rare fluke on how quickly things warmed. By mid month most of Lakes should be just about Normal Temps. I still think April trends cooler than normal but it if we get torched late month for an extended period it could balance out the norm. Summer will be here before we know it.

Rain just started here, but we've dropped 3 degrees in the last half hour. Hopefully we can evap. cool as good as you guys did just to the west.

You need this snow more than I do, it's just not fair :(

Just hit 3"... I tell ya, can't even remember a past winter where we had so much snow so fast. Seems like almost every event this winter drops mega-amounts of surprise snow in Waterloo.

Archived