joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2011 general discussion/obs thread

Hoosier

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, this was about at my tolerable limit for the middle of summer let alone early April. We beat the airport record high by 5 degrees. The WL Coop record was 80.

I was quite surprised when I got into my car at 5PM and it read 78º. Wasn't expecting that. Winds were quite impressive as well.

STL hit 90 degrees today and have a freeze warning for tomorrow night. This craziness runs into early summer....Felt good today though, near 80, rocking Robert Plant with the windows down...looks like a nasty cool down possible during week 2 of April, say 11th-15th time frame...possibly.

I was quite surprised when I got into my car at 5PM and it read 78º. Wasn't expecting that. Winds were quite impressive as well.

Going back over records on Wunderground and it looks like there's a slight discrepancy. It's showing a high of 77 in 2003. I knew 1974 was warm...our high for that year is listed as 75 but there was an hourly ob of 75.9

Going back over records on Wunderground and it looks like there's a slight discrepancy. It's showing a high of 77 in 2003. I knew 1974 was warm...our high for that year is listed as 75 but there was an hourly ob of 75.9

Who knows. Questionable thermometer...questionable record keeping. ;)

We ended up getting about 2 inches of snow yesterday along with thunder. The snow was very intense during the the thunder and lightning. I thought I would wake up this morning and the snow would be all melted but the ground still is still covered but probably not for much longer. The temp finally moved up into the low 40s after staying in the mid 30s most of the night. We also had quite a bit of lightning overnight. It's 70F in the southern part of the state while it's 41F here. I wonder if the warm air will make it here briefly. Probably not.

Archived