• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Now That The Snow Bust Is Over, Can We Get Real?

Mr Torchey

Thank you.

About time we see some sanity on this forum.

I've only been posting for the last two weeks that these storms were a waste of time to follow.

Hilarous face plant from some of the people who just can't let winter go. They just tripped and dove head first into growing puddles of mud from their precious snow melting under the glaring spring sun.

Thank you.

I've only been posting for the last two weeks that these storms were a waste of time to follow.

Hilarous face plant from some of the people who just can't let winter go. They just tripped and dove head first into growing puddles of mud from their precious snow melting under the glaring spring sun.

Stil about 6 days out, so I still think this threat has legs. I think we could see it stay suppressed in the models for another 36 hours, and then start to see a trend back toward a stronger s/w tracking into the central Plains along with stronger downstream ridging.

I agree to some extent that this storm looks like a sort of pattern changer into Spring. We'll have to wait for hints of ridging out west to break down before real warmth can invade the east. But following this storm, the next ones in line will have a better shot at cutting to our west.

laugh.gif

Gentle light flurries falling this AM.

Open woods and open areas are pretty bare, but any shaded areas still have a small glacier. Wooded and very shady areas still 5-10"+ solid snowcover.

here's part of my backyard facing east ( I can see SnowNH down there in the valley)...2-6" solid glacier, but not much where the sun gets in.

backyardq.jpg

Open woods and open areas are pretty bare, but any shaded areas still have a small glacier. Wooded and very shady areas still 5-10"+ solid snowcover.

here's part of my backyard facing east ( I can see SnowNH down there in the valley)...2-6" solid glacier, but not much where the sun gets in.

backyardq.jpg

What kind of a hick grill is that?

backyardq.jpg

is that a smokey joe rigged to propane ferv?

What kind of a hick grill is that?

One of those mini Webers, not sure what the name. Q something. heh I haven't built the patio in the BY ..yet.

Hick grill LOL...it's actually a great grill, it does look ghetto.

is that a smokey joe rigged to propane ferv?

aye...no.

Thank you.

Fail. My snowpack is deeper than it was a week ago.

20" still on the ground at 800ft.

98" on the ground at 3,700ft.

IMG_4530_edited-1.jpg

Not getting in this door anytime soon...

IMG_4499_edited-1.jpg

Warm weather can wait... mid-January weather rolls on. Current wind chill is -21F at 3,600ft.

This is one of the most impressive storms I've ever seen for my area. It dropped 2"+ hail in Scituate..just a few miles ne of where I lived in Marshfield.

post-33-0-07634300-1301318426.gif

Check out the youtube clip.

I was living in MarshVegas at the time too. My prized BMW M3 (I was 24 yrs old) got a severely dented hood. Our friends in Scituate's skylights were blown out. My uncle was enroute with his 67 Shelby GT350 Mustang for the car show at the Fair Grounds and was late by 20 minutes. Best 20 minutes late he ever was.

Archived