12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Threat Thread

ski MRG

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

where are you getting the individual members for 12z already?

He was yanking our chain.

Ensembles are all over the place though. Some try to rush in the Dec 8-9th threat by 12/7.

There's going to be a ton of speculation for the next 3-4 days. This is about as tough as it gets to figure out a deterministic solution.

Ensembles are all over the place though. Some try to rush in the Dec 8-9th threat by 12/7.

There's going to be a ton of speculation for the next 3-4 days. This is about as tough as it gets to figure out a deterministic solution.

And some try to cut it west too. What a mess to figure out.

Actually I meant it - buuuuut was being an idiot and looking at yesterday's 12z cluster. That said, there were a couple members that were off-charts in the mid and upper levels for D10...

And you are also correct - there is very little consensus there. It is what it is...

It looks like some of those models really weaken/lift the block out pretty quickly. That's probably why it has that solution.

Yeah I posted above that since we had this pattern shift prior to Thanksgiving, the roughly 7 day forecasts for NAO have seemed to be overdoing the blocking, which is one of the reasons (in addition to the PAC trends) I see some optimism for the Dec 5th event not to be crunched into nothing by too much block.

Yeah I posted above that since we had this pattern shift prior to Thanksgiving, the roughly 7 day forecasts for NAO have seemed to be overdoing the blocking, which is one of the reasons (in addition to the PAC trends) I see some optimism for the Dec 5th event not to be crunched into nothing by too much block.

Yeah hopefully. I didn't rule it out, but I felt kind of crappy about it this morning. However, for the first time in 2 yrs..we're seeing the ATL block perhaps be a little weaker than modeled.

You guys would crap your pants if you glanced over the individual GFS members from 12z ... One or two of those has like -6SD closed 500MB vortex tuck into the NJ coast out in time. The implications of that would be indescribable.

If it involved damaging wind and rain for the Jersey coast, rain in the Mid-Atlantic and snow here, I'll take a stab at describing it in whatever form you'd you like: limerick, Homerian epic, Faulknerian prose... take your pick.

Check out that little tiny piece of vorticity SW of Hudson Bay at 72 hours...now follow it for the next 48-60 hours on the loop and its actually what prevents this from becoming a full blown Miller B...and keeps it more of a clipper type system.

Given that, you can see how a little feature can change something much further out. If that isn't there or is weaker, then you have a much different outcome.

Check out that little tiny piece of vorticity SW of Hudson Bay at 72 hours...now follow it for the next 48-60 hours on the loop and its actually what prevents this from becoming a full blown Miller B...and keeps it more of a clipper type system.

Given that, you can see how a little feature can change something much further out. If that isn't there or is weaker, then you have a much different outcome.

LOL, look at hr 168.

Archived