• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
March 7th-9th Potential Storm

wisconsinwx

Although those GGEM runs might end up being too extreme in the end, I give it a point for suggesting a less progressive solution and basically sticking with it.

Assuming the 2nd low idea verifies, yeah, GGEM with the gold. I'd give the silver to the EURO. I think with the exception of one 0z run (maybe the 3/7?), it had the secondary redevelopment as well.

Models really fooled me. I thought we were going to do the same ole overamplification song and dance with the GGEM/EURO combo. Looks like this time it might pan out though.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are your thoughts on gthe snow tommorow SSC?

Thermal profiles are so marginal that if the models are too cool by like 0.5c, we're screwed. That being said, they are in very good agreement that an evap. cooling wet snowfall event will occur. I'd go 2-5" range right now. 0z NAM showing 6-8" but that's a best case scenario involving a later changeover to rain.

Thermal profiles are so marginal that if the models are too cool by like 0.5c, we're screwed. That being said, they are in very good agreement that an evap. cooling wet snowfall event will occur. I'd go 2-5" range right now. 0z NAM showing 6-8" but that's a best case scenario involving a later changeover to rain.

Wow NAM showing 6-8''. You think it's right?

Tonight's 00z RGEM and GFS have trended a tad colder for the Toronto area. The RGEM is now showing a period of moderate to heavy snow from 1 pm to 6-7 pm tomorrow before changing to rain. The 12z RGEM from earlier today mainly showed a mix of rain and snow.

My preliminary snowfall forecast for the city of Toronto is as follows:

Lake Ontario shoreline to Bloor St.: 2-4" (5-10 cm)

Midtown Toronto from Bloor St. to Highway 401: 3-5" (8-13 cm)

Highway 401 and points north to Steeles Ave: 5-7" (13-18 cm)

I wasn't really expecting much of any snow with this storm, but it didn't take very long to change to all snow. Big flakes are coming down pretty good and the ground is white already. There isn't much more precip moving into the CR area, though. The best stuff is southeast(rain) and northwest.

Tonight's 00z RGEM and GFS have trended a tad colder for the Toronto area. The RGEM is now showing a period of moderate to heavy snow from 1 pm to 6-7 pm tomorrow before changing to rain. The 12z RGEM from earlier today mainly showed a mix of rain and snow.

My preliminary snowfall forecast for the city of Toronto is as follows:

Lake Ontario shoreline to Bloor St.: 2-4" (5-10 cm)

Midtown Toronto from Bloor St. to Highway 401: 3-5" (8-13 cm)

Highway 401 and points north to Steeles Ave: 5-7" (13-18 cm)

Nice call. I could see a tight gradient like that come to fruition.

Snowing, sleeting, and raining right now lol. Each band is bringing the atmosphere closer to saturation, and at the same time there's still dry air coming in causing evap cooling, so this might end up being a good setup for frozen precip (snow and sleet) within the next few hours.

We were expecting a lot of rain here, but have only managed 0.14" so far. By the time the rain/snow line reaches us tomorrow morning there will only be enough moisture leftover for a few flurries or light snow showers. The second wave action will miss us to the east. It's a good thing we had good luck with snow earlier in the season, cause our luck after Feb 2 has sucked.

Archived