joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2.24-2.25 obs/disco -- High Wind Warning Hoisted

Ian

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it is a pretty nice looking warm sector tho very short time to really destabilize. one of my errors was assuming the front would speed up over the course of a few days out but it seems to have slowed down instead. seems usually things come in faster than modeled. Looks to me like things are mostly getting sheared apart so far but we'll see how it goes coming out of the hills. Maybe mapgirl can get a torn warn for her contest prize.

post-1615-0-20607100-1298649115.jpg

it is a pretty nice looking warm sector tho very short time to really destabilize. one of my errors was assuming the front would speed up over the course of a few days out but it seems to have slowed down instead. seems usually things come in faster than modeled. Looks to me like things are mostly getting sheared apart so far but we'll see how it goes coming out of the hills. Maybe mapgirl can get a torn warn for her contest prize.

post-1615-0-20607100-1298649115.jpg

I'm still curious to know what my prize is for winning

Some nice clearing W of the crap the coastal areas are under right now...

post-96-0-90617900-1298646146.gif

Temps quickly jumping into the upper 50s and lower 60s in the sunshine.

What an awesome shot -- I'm currently watching the back-end of that clearing edge of clouds head across the Potomac, about 2 miles E of MBY. Sun came out about 30 minutes ago, temps have shot up dramatically in last hour from high 40s to current reading of 61. Winds picking up, too, about 5-10 mph...

Nice to see the sun out in full force with a few clouds... if we can get 2-4 hrs of it... maybe some good storms?

It will have a hard time initiating until we hit peak heating early/mid afternoon. I wouldn't expect good storms to get going (if there are any good storms) until 3:00 or later, by which time the front will be in the DC area (just W or just E... not sure).

Archived