Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2.24-2.25 obs/disco -- High Wind Warning Hoisted

Ian

We lost power for about 30 hours. Wasn't hard to determine the direct cause:

post-1746-0-13662400-1298836407.jpg

A few other damage pictures. The first was definitely from Friday's event, the 2nd I can't be sure.

post-1746-0-73453200-1298836447.jpg

post-1746-0-43996800-1298836460.jpg

Wow that first one is impressive. NOt just with the pole being broke in half but the huge ass evergreen in the backdrop of the pic.

Reminds me a lot of the 08 ice storm in new england we had

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We lost power for about 30 hours. Wasn't hard to determine the direct cause:

Luckily you don't live in Moco Pepcoland. You would be looking at 30 days without power.

Normally, I never criticize too much. Things happen and we deal with it. No sense whining. However, I bought my house in Rockville in 2003. Older neigborhood with overhead wires and plenty of trees. We never used to lose power. Many times I was shocked it didn't go out when storms blew through, heavy snow hit, or an ice storm left it's weight. The first Feb bliz last year we lost power for almost 48 hours. Then in July we lost it for another 48+ and on Jan 26th this year we lost it for almost 48 again (insult to injury, I had the flu with a 103 fever while the house got down to 40 degrees).

Something has changed with Pepco and it's not the bonuses to the execs. They keep on getting paid big time. They have been blaming unusual weather and how Moco has a lot of overhead wires. I smell a rat. We've had plenty of bad weather through the years and with different results. I think big pay to the execs and share price has taken precedence over re-investment and upgrades.

Wow, one of the my first whiny posts and I feel better.

Luckily you don't live in Moco Pepcoland. You would be looking at 30 days without power.

Normally, I never criticize too much. Things happen and we deal with it. No sense whining. However, I bought my house in Rockville in 2003. Older neigborhood with overhead wires and plenty of trees. We never used to lose power. Many times I was shocked it didn't go out when storms blew through, heavy snow hit, or an ice storm left it's weight. The first Feb bliz last year we lost power for almost 48 hours. Then in July we lost it for another 48+ and on Jan 26th this year we lost it for almost 48 again (insult to injury, I had the flu with a 103 fever while the house got down to 40 degrees).

Something has changed with Pepco and it's not the bonuses to the execs. They keep on getting paid big time. They have been blaming unusual weather and how Moco has a lot of overhead wires. I smell a rat. We've had plenty of bad weather through the years and with different results. I think big pay to the execs and share price has taken precedence over re-investment and upgrades.

Wow, one of the my first whiny posts and I feel better.

I went through both 2008 and 2009 without loosing power, and maybe only lost it twice over the 5 yrs previous, one was in 2007. Over the years, it hasn't been too bad.

This past year has been horrible though, and now...yes, I admit I'm suspicious. Lost power for 2 days during snowmageddon, then had no power for 4 days after 7/25, my birthday included :( . Lost it again in Late July, and yet again in Early august due to storms...yet again this November, and yet again during 1/26. So many dates I cannot remember them all. That is 6 times in the past 11 months, really wtf?

I've never seen anything like this, and I've lived here all my life.

Archived