Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
AMwX Conference

Isopycnic

How many of you will attend?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be attending the AMwX conference?

• Yes
    • No

I am saying no for now. The location is just too far for me. It is understandable though, seeing this is just not a Southeast board. :thumbsup: Although, (being serious with this thought) I think we should try to have a Southeast members reunion! Every region is different and I bet we all can "sharpen the sword" from regional meetings and they would be much closer for peeps to attend. Thoughts?

I am saying no for now. The location is just too far for me. It is understandable though, seeing this is just not a Southeast board. :thumbsup: Although, (being serious with this thought) I think we should try to have a Southeast members reunion! Every region is different and I bet we all can "sharpen the sword" from regional meetings and they would be much closer for peeps to attend. Thoughts?

It's to far away for me also.

I vote for the Southeast reunion, That would be awesome !:thumbsup:

I go up every year and always have at least one seat available.

curious here, since it's not a southeastern board (or any regions board for that matter, hence the name) what type

of board is it then?

I understand that the expense of getting to BWI is great, but Baltimore "too far" north? There are people who DRIVE down from Maine and Indiana NC is what, 5 hours away?

curious here, since it's not a southeastern board (or any regions board for that matter, hence the name) what type

of board is it then?

I understand that the expense of getting to BWI is great, but Baltimore "too far" north? There are people who DRIVE down from Maine and Indiana NC is what, 5 hours away?

I have always wanted to attend the conference, but this is when we take our family vacation, so July is not an option for me. :(:angry::(

of board is it then?

Yea it wasn't a bad drive at all really. I think the total price for myself and my girlfriend (this was sharing a room mind you and splitting some gas) was around 300 dollars. Food gas and all that jazz. If you went solo you would be looking at around 500-700. That I think it is the bigger issue and understandable. That's a lot of money to spend on meeting strangers. However I think it would probably be worth it. Especially this year, considering how giving everyone has been with this forum I bet they pony up for a great conference!

Also you gotta remember it's the south we don't like driving in dem big cities with those damn Yankees. scooter.gif

of board is it then?

Hey Randy. I apologize. I probably should have been much clear with my wording. I have 3 small children and married, so anywhere outside of NC will be too far for me right now. I REALLY wish I could make the Conference in BWI. I have been really wanting too for YEARS. :(

Thanks for all you do now and over the years...

Hey Randy. I apologize. I probably should have been much clear with my wording. I have 3 small children and married, so anywhere outside of NC will be too far for me right now. I REALLY wish I could make the Conference in BWI. I have been really wanting too for YEARS. :(

Thanks for all you do now and over the years...

No need for apologies, I just wanted to be clear where you were coming from :) We're trying to change the perception that this is a "insert region" board. People from the mid atlantic think its a New England board :axe: We picked the name to make sure everyone is included. We are an American Board! :snowman::thumbsup:

I truly understand about the $$$ issue, I was just kinda like "huh" when I saw the too far remarks. Anyway, maybe we'll see you at another one in the future.

I echo Jason (5150) comments. Small Kids and the fact that I only can take time off in July hurts were I can go. I have wanted to attend and hope I can in the future.

No need for apologies, I just wanted to be clear where you were coming from :) We're trying to change the perception that this is a "insert region" board. People from the mid atlantic think its a New England board :axe: We picked the name to make sure everyone is included. We are an American Board! :snowman::thumbsup:

I truly understand about the $$ issue, I was just kinda like "huh" when I saw the too far remarks. Anyway, maybe we'll see you at another one in the future.

June/July doesn't work for us because that's our general family vacation time. We haven't taken one in three years so we're not going to miss out on it this year.

Sorry Randy. Later in the year would be best, but I understand you have a million schedules to work around.

Archived