12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
MW/GL/OV February 2011 discussion part 2

Hoosier

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad you love the avatar, I think it's a winner. Don't be so hateful life is too short. I'm just the messenger, wanna get mad go yell at Brett Anderson. Seriously, I know you guys love winter but reality is it's almost March so at some point you have to cut the cord and call it as it is. This has ben a great winter for many so what's the gripe? Longlegs, dude c'mon....your getting like a foot of snow go rejoice bro, live for the moment. Much love and snow...always.:thumbsup:

Well the torch has finally caught up to LAF with this February, and using the correct normals for the airport, we're essentially at normal through the 19th. No doubt a + departure is a lock for February.

Average temps/departures for LAF for this winter, again using the correct normals...not the WL COOP numbers used in the F6 form.

December: 23.9º (-6.5º)

January: 22.6º (-2.6º)

February: 28.5º (-0.2º) through 2/19

Winter to date (Dec 1 through Feb 19): 24.5º (-2.1º)

Regardless of track of the oncoming train of systems Gil Sebenste makes the interesting point today from his NIU blog that each system will be bringing successively increasing amounts of moisture northward since the gulf is not being scoured out. Thus there will be heightened fuel for svr or snow depending on track.

Snow moving back through this area....

Money-

Think your right. I think soil moisture and spring rain are probably bigger factors. 1965 was the wettest March on record for MSP and La Crosse was severely flooded that year. April 2001 was the wettest on record we also had major flooding that year. Snow totals don't show a whole lot of correlation.

very small area of 40dbz just east of DVN and north of 80.

Interesting. We have east winds here, with west winds in the QC. Nice surface convergence there. Starting to get a few flurries now. Hope it holds together enough to give us a good dusting. Nothing but brown grass and mud puddles out there right now lol.

Archived