northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Early spring...or poorly timed thaw...

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pattern after the torch is looking better as we get closer. I think we can sneak out some decent threats in that. Especially the potential for overrunning after the front moves through.

The torch or thaw period however severe it is really is not that unexpected. Well at least I hope it isn't/wasn't. I started a thread about it on February 5th.

The pattern after the torch is looking better as we get closer. I think we can sneak out some decent threats in that. Especially the potential for overrunning after the front moves through.

The torch or thaw period however severe it is really is not that unexpected. Well at least I hope it isn't/wasn't. I started a thread about it on February 5th.

12z runs were much better today. I've noticed how even the slightest hint at better blocking over Greenland, models shift much colder. It shows you how volatile the pattern is. Just a subtle hint in height rises either by AK or Greenland, and the outcome in sensible wx is huge. To quote Ray, a penguin can fart in Greenland and send the polar boundary south.

SO how will you get out and enjoy that weather? Once all your snow is gone Friday afternoon..the grass will be mud..too much salt and grime to play hoops or bike...not quite warm enough to lay out and tan...

Eh, just let him b**ch...but hopefully we don't get into a stupid war this thread.

I do think its funny how he has totally changed his tune again. Once he got the HECS and had a good snow pack, he was all for smaller events to add to the seasonal total...but now he's back to poo-pooing anything unless its a big storm threat. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I just thought its funny...you can only hide your winter fetishes for so long. :lol:

This^^^^^^^^

SO how will you get out and enjoy that weather? Once all your snow is gone Friday afternoon..the grass will be mud..too much salt and grime to play hoops or bike...not quite warm enough to lay out and tan...

Not gonna bother rationalizing my preference because I don't feel the need to.

I'd just like to fast foreward to March....no trolling; just expressing my sentiment.

Eh, just let him b**ch...but hopefully we don't get into a stupid war this thread.

I do think its funny how he has totally changed his tune again. Once he got the HECS and had a good snow pack, he was all for smaller events to add to the seasonal total...but now he's back to poo-pooing anything unless its a big storm threat. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I just thought its funny...you can only hide your winter fetishes for so long. :lol:

Exactly..the old GAY was always there..was just masked behind the yardstick and his ever present snow pants that he donned as walked around his neighborhood.

My fetish is well documented..Snowcover, and continuous light-moderate events to track with a big one thrown in every now and again

No.

The 1-3"ers lose their appeal after half the snowpack is gone.

Exactly..the old GAY was always there..was just masked behind the yardstick and his ever present snow pants that he donned as walked around his neighborhood.

My fetish is well documented..Snowcover, and continuous light-moderate events to track with a big one thrown in every now and again

I have a new appreciation for snowpack. Something I am not used to. I love it. Last week really bothered me, and I know later next week will be horrible here, but I'm hoping for a decent end to February.

I have a new appreciation for snowpack. Something I am not used to. I love it. Last week really bothered me, and I know later next week will be horrible here, but I'm hoping for a decent end to February.

Yeah I need to have snow on the ground. Period..I hate winter with brown grass..It's why I agonize over warmth, and Grinch storms. I don't care how old, crusty, discolored it gets. I need to have snow on the grond in the winter for my own personal well being . So I am just praying we get thru this inferno with some semblance of it left

Yeah I need to have snow on the ground. Period..I hate winter with brown grass..It's why I agonize over warmth, and Grinch storms. I don't care how old, crusty, discolored it gets. I need to have snow on the grond in the winter for my own personal well being . So I am just praying we get thru this inferno with some semblance of it left

Well unless it'6 60+ for 3 days with 2" of rain, I think you'll have a good chunk of it left. Sun prone areas here will torch, but I'll just make sure to only look at snow covered back yards...lol.

I hate brown grass and mud/dirt/rotting leaves showing in the winter too. Snow that is getting dirty and crusty is ugly too, but its way less uglier than the former option.

This mild break next week will be annoying but it won't be a back breaker I don't think. It might not be all that damaging if its limited to a couple days in upper 40s to near 50 with relatively low dews. Its the 55F with 50F dewpoints with rain and fog in the warm sector of big lakes cutters that really do the most damage....or a moister airmass that keeps overnight lows in the 40s like we saw in Jan 2008. But that was a much much warmer airmass. We had like 36 hours of 850s at +12C and over 48h of 850s near +10C.

Archived