joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 5-7th MW/Lakes/OV Snow Event

Chicago Storm

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAM looks like it'll make a significant shift towards the other guidance at 18z.

Well now the euro ensembles are really starting to key in on the Mon/Tues event ( This one ) and a few really develop it as it tracks from KY into Ohio to near Lake Erie/Ontario. They actually now have the .50+ line running fromnear Beau to IND to Ft. Wayne to Toledo to Toronto with the .25+ line running from St. Louis to near/just southeast of Chicago to near Grand Rapids to Bay City.

They are now really weak with the second piece of energy ( The JB super storm ) and send it off the se coast and out to sea.

Well now the euro ensembles are really starting to key in on the Mon/Tues event ( This one ) and a few really develop it as it tracks from KY into Ohio to near Lake Erie/Ontario. They actually now have the .50+ line running fromnear Beau to IND to Ft. Wayne to Toledo to Toronto with the .25+ line running from St. Louis to near/just southeast of Chicago to near Grand Rapids to Bay City.

They are now really weak with the second piece of energy ( The JB super storm ) and send it off the se coast and out to sea.

I believe it. Sounds like some of the 15z SREFS.

Too bad about the second storm, especially since it had the potential to be huge, but if I had to chose between one or the other I'll take a moderate-moderately heavy event in the short term just because of the huge uncertainty with the second one.

I believe it. Sounds like some of the 15z SREFS.

Too bad about the second storm, especially since it had the potential to be huge, but if I had to chose between one or the other I'll take a moderate-moderately heavy event in the short term just because of the huge uncertainty with the second one.

I hear you and fully agree.

BTW.. They are not all that impressive with system 1 either. Most of what falls is in Ohio se of a line from Cleveland to Dayton with .25+. and the .10 line runs from between you and Buffalo back to Monroe and near LAF and then to St. Louis on back to the KS/OK/MO lines.

So yeah they seem to be focusing in on system 2.

I wouldn't put too much stock at all in the model's handling of this system.

They're quite frankly still clueless with our now ongoing system. Tulsa & Dallas are seeing/saw winter storms they weren't even suppose to see yesterday.

what a terrible bust in a place that rarely sees snow and gets paralyzed by 1/2 an inch, that IS brutal.

Considering how they have done with what looks like the surprise tomorrow i think the NCEP models still may not have it all yet.

yeah the RGEM was really the only model to spread qpf back through WNY with this next event tomorrow...it certainly led the trend west.

its been on a roll lately....i guess it likes this pattern.

yeah the RGEM was really the only model to spread qpf back through WNY with this next event tomorrow...it certainly led the trend west.

its been on a roll lately....i guess it likes this pattern.

Lack of blocking is it's strength. We are basically back to what we had in 07-08 and or before all the blocking. GFS etc loves the blocking stuff and thus why it did so well with it and now that the blocking is gone it is back to sucking in the mid range while the rgem etc has soared back up.

06z RGEM still robust with the snows across IA/N ILL/S Wis, N Ind, Michigan, and into NW Ohio. I think Today's, the 6th-7th, Later next week events are going to leave parts of N Ind/Michigan some ridiculous snow depths when added to the Blizzard of 2011 Snowfall.

Archived