Chicago Storm

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is about 20 miles north of me.

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT...CORRECTED

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PADUCAH KY

1025 AM CST MON FEB 07 2011

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON...

..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....

..REMARKS..

1022 AM SNOW BENTON 36.85N 88.36W

02/07/2011 M3.9 INCH MARSHALL KY TRAINED SPOTTER

Nam/GFS/Euro/Ruc/hrrr/ all give me decent snow but nws in pit has me for less than an inch. Hope they're wrong.

you'll def do better then cmh....but that might not be saying much as it seems a se trend is commencing. I'll be surprised if cmh pulls an inch out of this looking at current radar trends.

goodluck Dilly!

Honestly I am also. Suprised with the heavier bands looking like they will atleast make there way into the City south now per radar it also suprises me. :whistle:

Yea, my NWS office is PIT, and with the directions of the bands I dont see how this dont hit me, and they have me for less than an inch.

post-1236-0-86303300-1297097379.jpg

you'll def do better then cmh....but that might not be saying much as it seems a se trend is commencing. I'll be surprised if cmh pulls an inch out of this looking at current radar trends.

goodluck Dilly!

Taking another one for the team.... LOL what do we get for it? NADA! Were like a batter in a major slump right now. The torch can't come soon enough right now.

goodluck Dilly!

Just unreal man. Im seriously considering this to be the absolute worst winter I can ever remember. We have been missed every which was possible. North, south, east, west. You name it. Then we get a system two days ago that was supposed to give us 2-4 and it goes NW then today all models have me in the .3 range, and they are now going SE. what else could go wrong?

GFS hints at colder instead of warmer again... Should we bet againist 70 in DC next week? 80 in Dallas? JB says so... I will take that bet that DC has no 70 and Dallas has no 80. Anyone wanna join me?:gun_bandana:

if its gonna be in the 40's it might as well be in the 50s or 60s.....really hoping jb's warmth hype is right

Just unreal man. Im seriously considering this to be the absolute worst winter I can ever remember. We have been missed every which was possible. North, south, east, west. You name it. Then we get a system two days ago that was supposed to give us 2-4 and it goes NW then today all models have me in the .3 range, and they are now going SE. what else could go wrong?

hang in there....this is columbus, we still have our late March early April blizzard coming...yippee

Remember every model showing at least 3" for my location today. It's raining. If we dont switch over by one, towel thrown for this even too with another major model fail.

yea kind of weird. You would think with a more se shift the snow line would also be much further east. Heck, it's even raining in se franklin county. I'm beginning to thing the wx gods are f/\cking with you Dilly...lol

Remember every model showing at least 3" for my location today. It's raining. If we dont switch over by one, towel thrown for this even too with another major model fail.

Going into this storm system I knew were going to get screwed. I am more depressed about last night then the screw jobs we have gone through. Hey Buck where is your map of the "Screw Zone" for Ohio?

This describes this winter to a T. for CMH 2 day warm up with a storm, followed by colder air.

SUN 00Z 20-FEB 9.0 7.9 1008 99 80 0.40 561 554

SUN 12Z 20-FEB 11.7 7.8 1002 98 42 0.25 555 553

MON 00Z 21-FEB 10.4 6.9 1003 97 86 0.07 554 551

MON 12Z 21-FEB 0.5 -0.8 1008 94 73 0.13 546 539

TUE 00Z 22-FEB -0.9 -7.1 1018 88 12 0.02 547 532

Going into this storm system I knew were going to get screwed. I am more depressed about last night then the screw jobs we have gone through. Hey Buck where is your map of the "Screw Zone" for Ohio?

pull out the old one...it should suffice. gotta admit I got drawn into JB's superstorm hype late last week. In fairness he wasn't the only met spouting about how the pattern should produce something much more than models were showing.

Archived