joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 5-7th MW/Lakes/OV Snow Event

Chicago Storm

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol already near an inch down hear in the NW burbs of Chicago.. Idk where this stuff came from..

LOT

A LOCALIZED AREA OF HEAVY SNOW SHOWERS HAS DEVELOPED OVER PORTIONSOF SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN AND EXTREME NORTHEAST ILLINOIS. MOST AREASWILL RECEIVE A HALF INCH OR LESS OF SNOW THIS EVENING...BUTHEAVIER...MORE EXTENSIVE SNOW SHOWERS MAY PRODUCE ISOLATED SWATHSOF 1 TO 2 INCH AMOUNTS...MAINLY OVER LAKE AND NORTHERN COOKCOUNTIES IN ILLINOIS.

Lol already near an inch down hear in the NW burbs of Chicago.. Idk where this stuff came from..

LOT

A LOCALIZED AREA OF HEAVY SNOW SHOWERS HAS DEVELOPED OVER PORTIONSOF SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN AND EXTREME NORTHEAST ILLINOIS. MOST AREASWILL RECEIVE A HALF INCH OR LESS OF SNOW THIS EVENING...BUTHEAVIER...MORE EXTENSIVE SNOW SHOWERS MAY PRODUCE ISOLATED SWATHSOF 1 TO 2 INCH AMOUNTS...MAINLY OVER LAKE AND NORTHERN COOKCOUNTIES IN ILLINOIS.

precip on the arctic front???

Wow!

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PADUCAH KY

248 PM CST MON FEB 07 2011

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON...

..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....

..REMARKS..

0246 PM SNOW 2 ENE DRAFFENVILLE 36.95N 88.31W

02/07/2011 M10.1 INCH MARSHALL KY TRAINED SPOTTER

0247 PM SNOW BENTON 36.85N 88.36W

02/07/2011 M8.2 INCH MARSHALL KY TRAINED SPOTTER

Final total here is 7.0 inches of snow. My biggest snow since 2004. Absolutly beautiful stuff. Marshall County to my north is reporting roughly 8-10 inches of snow. That is only 20 miles north. Either way I love this storm. It finally feels like winter again. :wub:

Lots of congrats. You might end up with a real nice snowpack by Wednesday evening, even though 6+" is nothing to sneeze at.

Lots of congrats. You might end up with a real nice snowpack by Wednesday evening, even though 6+" is nothing to sneeze at.

Thanks, that is what I'm hoping. Would be amazing to have a double digit snowpack before the torch next week. What a winter, might even finish over 20 inches for the season. Which should happen a couple times a decade. That would be the first since 2004 as well.

Man oh man, I don't know why my fellow Kentuckians are so hostile when it comes to snow. We go out to play in it and I get pummeled with snowballs and tackled in the beautiful stuff. Definitely a great night with my so called snow. Now a pot of coffee is brewing and chocolate chip cookies are in the oven. :thumbsup::snowman:

Final total here is 7.0 inches of snow. My biggest snow since 2004. Absolutly beautiful stuff. Marshall County to my north is reporting roughly 8-10 inches of snow. That is only 20 miles north. Either way I love this storm. It finally feels like winter again. :wub:

congrats dude, at least you'll have some cold air around for a bit to enjoy it.

Archived