• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA Start of February

Currently a temp of 25.2°F and falling, with a Dew Point of 21°F. Its weird, I just looked at the bufkits for KBFD and the GFS is primarily mostly snow while the NAM shows a nastly freezing rain storm with .44" of the nasty. I definetely would have quessed the models would be completely different. I'm really hoping for the 7" of snow the NWS says we will. GFS gives me 10" :snowman: BTW 5MPH ENE winds!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just something I noticed while looking at upper air data... Euro and GFS have temps spike tomorrow at 18z when dry slot moves through... for MDT 12z GFS has 700mb RH at 8% (100% at 12z) and Euro has it at 19% (93% at 12z)... NAM also shows upper level dry slot at 18z (dew point drops off ~40C at 700mb and up in 3 hours!) but doesnt spike temp like GFS and Euro

Once AGAIN, don't like where CTP is going. Ice Storm Warnings east of here but we're still under WSW.

Ice Storm definition says "1/4" or more of ice accumulation from freezing rain."

WSW definition says " either 6 inches or more of snow w/some ice accum. or 1/4" ice + any snow/sleet."

My grid says zippo about anything other than freezing rain with at least 1/4" potential. So why not a Freezing Rain Advisory (issued just south of the Mason Dixon line) or an Ice Storm Warning (issued just east).

Wouldn't that more accurately convey the impending threat to the public better than the WSW which gets issued more for snow type events?

Just got out of a chat room with ctp.... reasoning is too much confusion to change the warnings at this point.... everyone knows it's going to be nasty with the current headlines.

Just got out of a chat room with ctp.... reasoning is too much confusion to change the warnings at this point.... everyone knows it's going to be nasty with the current headlines.

Interesting...thanks!

Mt Holly changed but maybe central PA folks are more easily confused than Philly folks. :axe:

Archived