joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Start of February

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It actually dropped from 29 to 28 here.

I don't see us getting too much warmer this afternoon, maybe 30-31....then dropping around sunset.

Just checked the local refuse authority site near my house in the Lebanon Valley. 28° with an ENE wind...cold air is locked in. Most of the stations on Wunderground near there are 26-28° with NE, ENE, or E winds.

Looking at temps, it seems fair to say the Susq Valley is one again damming the cold air in. That was one of the leading factors to why we'd see ice and not rain. We'll see if the temps can break through in the next three hours before it begins to get a bit dark.

Yep, every single time cold air damming wins out longer than forecast. I just do not understand why temperatures are always forecast higher in these situations.

Up to 35 here in Hagerstown, with a south wind and dewpoint of 30. As far as ice goes, you can have as much as you want - just keep it north of the Mason-Dixon line! If it can't be snow, I'll be totally happy with 35 and rain all night.

I don't expect the urban areas around Hagerstown to have any problems tonight - perhaps a different story in the country, but even there my hunch is it will mostly be a "plain rain" event.

Come on ice!

Up to 35 here in Hagerstown, with a south wind and dewpoint of 30. As far as ice goes, you can have as much as you want - just keep it north of the Mason-Dixon line! If it can't be snow, I'll be totally happy with 35 and rain all night.

I don't expect the urban areas around Hagerstown to have any problems tonight - perhaps a different story in the country, but even there my hunch is it will mostly be a "plain rain" event.

I can't believe you are that much warmer than me.

see you do have good news

That's not good news for me....

To be fair, this is the more or less the way this entire winter was supposed to be like I believe...more frozen events to my N and W, with slop and rain down here. I'm at about 18" for the season right now, and considering it's a La Nina, I was expecting far less for the whole season to begin with.

Yep, every single time cold air damming wins out longer than forecast. I just do not understand why temperatures are always forecast higher in these situations.

It will be interesting to see exactly how long the CAD wins out. That could be the difference between a disaster of a morning commute and ho-hum rain event for Harrisburg.

hr 102 low just east of acy.....rain for phl-nyc....snow for cpa....lets see if this wraps up like the gfs in the next frame and gets the ccb in here

Nice this could be a good event for MDT and South Central PA and to our north and west. Nice track for us with marginal cold air.

Wes (usedtobe) HATES this threat. He's ready to bail now. Granted, he lives in southern MD, but he says the set up is just ugly if you want snow. (east of the mountains)

I have a feeling it could get rough here along Blue Mountain near Linglestown. Today's totals include 1.25in of snow/sleet, 6.3in snow depth on the ground, and a very light glaze of freezing rain. Currently 27.7F.

I agree. we really have not gone up much. I was just outside and the dampness cuts right through you.

Archived