Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NYC Area 1st Annual Winter Weenie Wonderland G2G

earthlight

NYC Area G2G  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you prefer the get-together be held?

• Manhattan
    • Northeast New Jersey
    • Long Island
    • Southeast New York/Southwest Connecticut
    • Metfans CVS
    • Other (specify below)
  2. 2. What dates would work best for you?

• Weekend of February 19th
    • Weekend of February 26th
    • Weekend of March 5th
    • Weekend of March 12th
    • Weekend of March 19th or later
    • Other (specify below)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't care where it is... but we all can save alot of cash if we stay out of manhatten...prices of food and drink are ridiculous.. Who mentioned Jimmy Buffs ? lol

That's why i said Donovans in Bayside. Very good food for a good price. In a nice area also with easy access to the Bell Blvd. LIRR station. Easy for all the LIers, NJ peeps and CT peeps.

I can probably put together a package of food with drinks for 3-4 hours for around $30-$40 a person.

A place that has food with drinks per person would be perfect. LI has many places too.

Guest Patrick

I don't care where it is... but we all can save alot of cash if we stay out of manhatten...prices of food and drink are ridiculous.. Who mentioned Jimmy Buffs ? lol

I did! lol

Dave and Busters?

lmaosmiley.gif

I agree, going to a Ruby Tuesday or Hard Rock in NYC when we are all basically locals would be laughable..

How about Outback or Fridays?:whistle:

You might think it's corny but Dallas BBQ is a noisy, cheap good tasting food place that may be good for this type of get together. Obviously there's many other places much more trendy and nicer than this place but they might not fit the bill for this occasion.

I love that place. Count me in :pepsi:

I think Dallas BBQ is a good bet, went there last friday, and well it was cheap and tasty, and loud as mentioned earlier.

Not sure we want it to be super loud, though, if the whole point is to meet and talk about the weather. I'd think a jovial yet medium volume atmosphere like a brewery or side room of a restaurant would be best.

Not sure we want it to be super loud, though, if the whole point is to meet and talk about the weather. I'd think a jovial yet medium volume atmosphere like a brewery or side room of a restaurant would be best.

its not that loud but its loud enough for us to have a large group conversation without really disturbing everyone else.

LOL... reminds me of being in Greece .... Driving through Athens, and the tour guide points and says "over there, is the US embassy." Of course,he was pointing to Mc Donalds.

On another note, there is an awesome place on Rt 3 in Clifton Commons (I might be a little biased). Shannon Rose.... good pub-style atmosphere.

Shannon Rose! I was just there last week, excellent food and a very relaxing place to meet.

It's loud in the sense that a large group of people can comfortable speak to each other and not have to worry about the people sitting around them complaining about the noise.

I guess the gentlemens club in L.I.C wasn't a good suggestion how about city island in the bronx real easy to find right off i95 and its beautiful and i'll take my boat out and give kiddie rides LOL just kidding i know the owner of the lobster box real well the best food on the island He'll hook us up just food for thought if anyone wants to inquire call Bronxtire on east tremont ave we've been here 56 yrs just look it up oh yeah awesome pothole season coming up the closest analog is 1994 .see ya

Archived