Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NYC Area 1st Annual Winter Weenie Wonderland G2G

earthlight

NYC Area G2G  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you prefer the get-together be held?

• Manhattan
    • Northeast New Jersey
    • Long Island
    • Southeast New York/Southwest Connecticut
    • Metfans CVS
    • Other (specify below)
  2. 2. What dates would work best for you?

• Weekend of February 19th
    • Weekend of February 26th
    • Weekend of March 5th
    • Weekend of March 12th
    • Weekend of March 19th or later
    • Other (specify below)

Carmine's... the upper west side. It's an Italian restaurant on Broadway and 90th Street. There's a parking garage a block away and they validate parking. The subway is four short blocks away. The food is delicious and the portion sizes are the largest you'll ever see.

The kicker is, it's only a short walk to the Central Park Weather Station. You can all walk over there afterwards and rough up the zookeeper.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carmine's... the upper west side. It's an Italian restaurant on Broadway and 90th Street. There's a parking garage a block away and they validate parking. The subway is four short blocks away. The food is delicious and the portion sizes are the largest you'll ever see.

The kicker is, it's only a short walk to the Central Park Weather Station. You can all walk over there afterwards and rough up the zookeeper.

While I'd totally be down for this as I live 10 blocks south, I think it would be more difficult for people than something in Midtown... although I'd be ok with going anywhere on the island of course.

5 Napkin Burger might be good... a block from Port Authority, 8 from Penn... it's pretty big inside, too. Take a look!

http://www.5napkinburger.com/

in case people didnt see it...

What about a restaurant in little italy? They are generally cheap (compared to lots of other Manhattan fare) and offer great food. Access is very easy for NJ people and there is usually street parking especially if we do this on a weekend. For the record, im not even Italian (im a jew) so there are no ethnic biases at play! Just a thought.

Also...I think we should come up with, say, 5 places, and then bring it to a vote. Someone suggests a place, then someone seconds the nomination, and then it can be one of the 5 choices we vote on. We then make a deadline for the voting and all agree that the winner will be binding. If we don't come up with ways to expedite this, it will never get done. And I think we'd all like to get this done while there are still snow chances.

i had a facebook reunion there yesterday..great food!..btw I'm in!!

Guest Patrick

If by some slim chance, the NJ crowd wins the location, I vote for something centrally located with relatively easy access....like Hoboken. I'm up for anything. Would be nice to put some faces to the words...

Absolutely love the Carmine's idea but I believe there is also one on W. 44th near Port Authority and Times Square. That location might be more convenient for people to gather though it is more touristy. Will also throw into the hat Maggiano's at the Riverside Mall in Hackensack off Route 4 in northern New Jersey. Certainly not as centrally located but the food and atmosphere is outstanding. Whatever we choose I am all for this meetup event.

Jersey Andrew

Absolutely love the Carmine's idea but I believe there is also one on W. 44th near Port Authority and Times Square. That location might be more convenient for people to gather though it is more touristy. Will also throw into the hat Maggiano's at the Riverside Mall in Hackensack off Route 4 in northern New Jersey. Certainly not as centrally located but the food and atmosphere is outstanding. Whatever we choose I am all for this meetup event.

Jersey Andrew

Yes, Riverside sounds awesome.

I like Houston's, excellent food.

Guest Patrick

Houstons and Maggianos are both fantastic eateries =)

Yes, Riverside sounds awesome.

I like Houston's, excellent food.

Guest Patrick

LOL... reminds me of being in Greece .... Driving through Athens, and the tour guide points and says "over there, is the US embassy." Of course,he was pointing to Mc Donalds.

On another note, there is an awesome place on Rt 3 in Clifton Commons (I might be a little biased). Shannon Rose.... good pub-style atmosphere.

:lmao:

They have really good food there! Gourmet preservatives...you only get that quality in Manhattan.

You might think it's corny but Dallas BBQ is a noisy, cheap good tasting food place that may be good for this type of get together. Obviously there's many other places much more trendy and nicer than this place but they might not fit the bill for this occasion.

You might think it's corny but Dallas BBQ is a noisy, cheap good tasting food place that may be good for this type of get together. Obviously there's many other places much more trendy and nicer than this place but they might not fit the bill for this occasion.

i remember going there a lot as a child. i remember good, surprisingly cheap food.

Guest Patrick

Good atmosphere... I have been there before! Definitely would give that a vote =)

Guest Patrick

I know it's not likely to be a hot spot.. but a really close friend of mine just opened Jimmy Buff's in Kenilworth... haha. If you have never had an italian-style hot dog, you will love it. two fried dogs, potatoes, peppers, onions, and sauce squeezed into a half loaf of bread. Heart Attack on a plate. If you are all cheap like me, we could steal his banquet room for nothing.

There's a place called Mad River Grille on the east side ( something like 82nd and 2nd or thereabouts) that has a private room upstairs with its own bar and servers. Classic no frill bar food and drink in a really casual atmosphere. They used to have live music downstairs, but not sure if that continues. In any case, I've been there several times for fantasy football drafts and it seems like a great place for this... provided we get like 15 people. I don't think they charge you for the room; you just book it for a couple of hours and everyone pays their own way. They also have screens available, so if someone wanted to bring a laptop we could probably put some fun stuff together (storm photos..top 10 weenie posts...yadayadayada) Just an idea.

Archived