Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 31-February 2 Potentially Historic Winter Storm

Hoosier

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'd be nice to get a little consensus beforehand, but at this point I think we know our destiny is primarily snow or snow/sleet mix. To what degree is the question. One part of me agrees with you with the WAA usually being under-forecasted and holding on longer...while the other part thinks the dynamics can offset a somewhat marginal warm layer. Tough call at this point, but one has to assume it gets clearer the closer we get.

From what I've gathered for my area it looks like the GFS wants to drop about a foot of snow with lots of mixing. The NAM wants to dump nearly 1.5in of ZR and only 4-5 inches of snow. The UK looks to take a southern track which would be good for mainly all snow here. GGEM sucks but its and ice storm and a thump of snow at the end. Whats the EURO going to say?

From what I've gathered for my area it looks like the GFS wants to drop about a foot of snow with lots of mixing. The NAM wants to dump nearly 1.5in of ZR and only 4-5 inches of snow. The UK looks to take a southern track which would be good for mainly all snow here. GGEM sucks but its and ice storm and a thump of snow at the end. Whats the EURO going to say?

We'll find out very soon.

I'm still a little ancy, particularly given the GGEM has the storm missing me completely. I would be happy with the above solution though. 8-10" isn't bad. Looks a bt like January 2-3,1999. That storm gave Toronto about 16" and Ottawa about 10".

With the EURO looking like it'll rock, I wouldn't worry about the GEM. It's struggling.

Archived