• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Feb 1-2 Upstate NY / North Country Major Winter Storm

CNYWxGuy

It's snowing moderately in downtown Montreal, and the winds are definitely doin' a lot of huffin' and puffin'.. I love it! And just a few days ago, we weren't even gonna see anything out of this storm! As far as I'm concerned, dry slot or no dry slot, whatever we end up getting is a bonus!

It's unfortunate that some of our brethren south of the border in NY state have gotten the shaft from this storm, especially after all of the hype..

Cheers,

Scratch

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's snowing moderately in downtown Montreal, and the winds are definitely doin' a lot of huffin' and puffin'.. I love it! And just a few days ago, we weren't even gonna see anything out of this storm! As far as I'm concerned, dry slot or no dry slot, whatever we end up getting is a bonus!

It's unfortunate that some of our brethren south of the border in NY state have gotten the shaft from this storm, especially after all of the hype..

Cheers,

Scratch

yeah i agree with all of this. love it....its intense out there, i love the wind!

its defintely unfortunate that this couldnt have been a region wide event, as it was briefly modeled to be at one point.

maybe we'll get another shot at some point, still looking for that monster coastal.

Yeah only 4.5" from this overnight event here and sleeted the last two hours. But close to 10" for the two day period so I can't complain that much. When a primary low tracks to western NY and gives Chicago a blizzard, you are very lucky to get 10 inches here.

But some orf the forecasts busted ridiculously. Andy was one of the more cautious ones overall.

Cheers,

Scratch

just lighter snow the rest of the day

nothing like we saw earlier

but it will pick up as you are in a lull now and radar is improving to the west.....but again NOTHING like that 2 hour band we just had......phew....that was intense!.....so just periods of regular snow the rest of the day......perhaps another 2-3 inches is my best guess, depends if we can get any enhancement from the h7 low later this afternoon as it crosses the area.

light snow should end around 8 or 9 for ottawa give or take a bit.

About 7.5" here round one and 5" round two. If I went out and wiped off the board before the sleet, would have been more. Definitely 1.5"+ liquid equivalent since we got a good amount of sleet. Up to 22" on the ground. Hopefully on Sat we break the 2' snow depth barrier. BTW, shoveling this stuff wasn't easy! Also running out of places to put it. Awesome!!!

Archived