mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
End of January/early February storm potential part 2

Hoosier

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the time we get to next Wednesday it'll be 8 straight days without accumulating snow. I'll be happy with anything but a complete whiff. :lol:

We might get a measurement tomorrow

A synoptic snow from the OV area is much better for tracking and potential than these anemic little clippers.:thumbsup:

JohnDee.com thoughts..

5-10 DAY FORECAST:

The forecast then has changed for the Tue-Wed time frame, with all the models now indicating a fairly strong area of low pressure to develop in the southern Plains and track through the southern Midwest. It is still far enough out in the forecast that the details should not be etched into stone, but at this point it looks like a swath of 5-10" snows will occur across northern MO, much of IA, the northern 1/3rd of IL, far southern WI, the northern ¼ of IN and southern 1/3rd of lower MI, with some locales possibly picking up more than 10". Rains would fall to the south of that snow area and not much snow would fall to the north of that main snow area, although LES would likely continue as that low passes through and also in it’s wake

I never like to be on the northern fringes of his maps. It's so far out its stupid to even think anything right now though.. Just enjoy there is something in the cards big for us all ATM and things will start showing their hand more come sunday night.. I don't like hearing all this ice talk for area's.. I don't wish that crap on my worst enemy and I would prefer a major whiff up here over seeing another Beau situation unfold.

the trend is to for the trough to stop digging and stretch out... This is something that we've seen this season already. But we've never had it with such a cold press just to the north. I could see this trend southeast just as much as i could see further nw.

Teleconnections argue NW, but seasonal trends are SE....I like the GEM where it is right now based on recent performance of the model.

Archived