e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Richmond Metro Obs and Discussion Thread

RIC Airport

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some reports of sleet into Dinwiddie county and as far south as Hampton/Northern VB. Now SN over most areas north of RIC, but roadcams (not surprisingly) showing roads mainly wet with road temps in the 40s. Short of a heavy snowburst which would bring some minor accums into RIC, not expecting a whole lot more than up to an inch of slush over the advy area.

Some reports of sleet into Dinwiddie county and as far south as Hampton/Northern VB. Now SN over most areas north of RIC, but roadcams (not surprisingly) showing roads mainly wet with road temps in the 40s. Short of a heavy snowburst which would bring some minor accums into RIC, not expecting a whole lot more than up to an inch of slush over the advy area.

Well that was a let down... but it is pretty late in the season. It looks like your Maryland counties didn't do too bad. Even down to the beach in Ocean City...

o7km8i.jpg

mkep0j.jpg

not again :arrowhead:

VAZ070-280415-

CHESTERFIELD-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...COLONIAL HEIGHTS

427 PM EDT SUN MAR 27 2011

.TONIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE LOWER 30S. EAST WINDS AROUND

5 MPH...BECOMING WEST AFTER MIDNIGHT.

.MONDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY IN THE MORNING...THEN BECOMING PARTLY SUNNY.

A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SNOW EARLY IN THE MORNING...THEN A CHANCE OF

SNOW...RAIN AND SLEET LATE IN THE MORNING. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF RAIN

EARLY IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 40S. NORTH

SXUS71 KAKQ 280737

RERRIC

RECORD EVENT REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE WAKEFIELD, VA

0335 AM EDT MON MAR 28 2011

...RECORD LOW MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE TIED AT RICHMOND VA...

THE HIGH TEMPERATURE ON SUNDAY ONLY REACHED 41 DEGREES AT RICHMOND.

THIS TIES THE OLD RECORD LOW MAXIMUM FOR MARCH 27TH OF 41 DEGREES

SET BACK IN 1947.

BROWN

I think the 72 hour threat has some credance to it.

- It is currently progged just to the west of RIC and we know how every single storm has been farther east than progged

- Most of the snow will fall at night

Preliminary guess of 3-4"

Although I've been a lurker and not many of you know me, I do want to say farewell. I am moving to Florida next week, where I will be for exactly one week before shipping off to Navy boot camp. It's been fun hanging out in the RIC thread - lots of good people here. I wish you all well, and here's hoping to a better winter next time around!

Although I've been a lurker and not many of you know me, I do want to say farewell. I am moving to Florida next week, where I will be for exactly one week before shipping off to Navy boot camp. It's been fun hanging out in the RIC thread - lots of good people here. I wish you all well, and here's hoping to a better winter next time around!

Best of luck to you! Hope you will look in on the thread from time to time just to see what the weather's up to in your old stomping grounds.

Archived