Richmond Metro Obs and Discussion Thread

RIC Airport

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10 minutes that was all.

riding through midlothian the salisbury neighborhood is a diaster

but duncan said no rain on wed lol

Power came back on at 11:00 this morning. Only without for 11h15m, so, I can't complain too bad.

Jim Duncan also said there was no way this weekend would be as bad as Isabel... bust on that one...

Power came back on at 11:00 this morning. Only without for 11h15m, so, I can't complain too bad.

Jim Duncan also said there was no way this weekend would be as bad as Isabel... bust on that one...

In a big media market, he would probably lose his job. But, it's too bad he's been there for 30 years. The whole team as DT has been pointing out on FB did an awful job, awful job with the storm. WTVR did the best.

The really stupid thing is they kept using that graphic ALL DAY even after the airport was pushing 4" of rain and seen gusts of 50+

Does anyone know what the final stats were for RIC re: max sustained wind, wind gust, and rain from the storm?

BTW, many/most of us still w/out power in U of R area--thank goodness for the awesome weather these last few days!

Just got power back at 6 a.m. this morning. :x Lots of down trees on the east side of Richmond near Airport. Had one old growth tree fall in my yard.. hit portion of the back deck. Cleaned most of that up the day after the storm.. just been waiting for power to be restored. Was out for 84 hours.

In a big media market, he would probably lose his job. But, it's too bad he's been there for 30 years. The whole team as DT has been pointing out on FB did an awful job, awful job with the storm. WTVR did the best.

Jim lost his professional credibility with me after the 11PM newscast on January 24, 2000...holding on to his famous call for a "dusting" in the Richmond area, in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Oops.

Just got power back at 6 a.m. this morning. :x Lots of down trees on the east side of Richmond near Airport. Had one old growth tree fall in my yard.. hit portion of the back deck. Cleaned most of that up the day after the storm.. just been waiting for power to be restored. Was out for 84 hours.

My parents home in Midlothian is fed off the devastated area in Salisbury, and they remain without power. I've been urging them all week to come wait it out here in Loudoun, but apparently it's more fun to sit and the dark and lament the slow response from "VEPCO" as my mother still affectionately refers to the power company (as if the storm was in 1985 or something).

Archived