• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Richmond Metro Obs and Discussion Thread

RIC Airport

Hey guys, just want to let you know that I'll be moving on the 17th to Blacksburg. I will still be posting in here and will be back in the summer since I am only living there because this is my freshman year at Virginia Tech!

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, just want to let you know that I'll be moving on the 17th to Blacksburg. I will still be posting in here and will be back in the summer since I am only living there because this is my freshman year at Virginia Tech!

Cool, Sean! Good luck to you out there.thumbsupsmileyanim.gif And don't worry about the posting, I haven't lived in the area in years and still post here, lol. By the way, are you doing that new meteorology program at Tech?

Cool, Sean! Good luck to you out there.thumbsupsmileyanim.gif And don't worry about the posting, I haven't lived in the area in years and still post here, lol. By the way, are you doing that new meteorology program at Tech?

Thanks man, I'm really excited. About that meteorology program... I haven't found anyone who can tell me about it. All I know is that the major was approved by the university. My temporary advisor told me that she didn't even know it was a major and it isn't on Virginia Tech's online list of majors. Right now I'm undecided so hopefully I'll learn more once I meet with my actual advisor.

99 at 3pm it's hot!

ASUS41 KAKQ 071910
RWRAKQ

REGIONAL WEATHER ROUNDUP
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE WAKEFIELD VA
300 PM EDT SUN AUG 07 2011

Note: "fair" indicates few or no clouds below 12,000 feet with no
significant weather and/or obstructions to visibility. * = Denotes
station may not report precipitation (e.g., rain,snow,etc.),
thunder or fog.

VAZ048-049-060>072-079>083-072000-
CENTRAL AND SOUTH CENTRAL VIRGINIA...AND NORTH CENTRAL NORTH CAROLINA

CITY           SKY/WX    TMP DP  RH WIND       PRES   REMARKS
RICHMOND       PTSUNNY   99  70  38 W14G20    29.69F HX 106
PETERSBURG     MOSUNNY   97  73  46 SW12      29.71F HX 107
CHESTERFIELD*  NOT AVBL
HANOVER        MOSUNNY   92  73  53 W9        29.71F HX 100
TAPPAHANNOCK*  MOSUNNY   95  77  55 SW6       29.68F HX 109
CHARLOTTSVILLE CLOUDY    95  70  44 VRB5      29.72F HX 101
ORANGE*        CLOUDY    91  77  62 S8        29.71F HX 105
LOUISA*        PTSUNNY   90  73  58 W6        29.71F
FARMVILLE*     MOSUNNY   91  77  62 W8        29.72S HX 105
SOUTH HILL*    MOSUNNY   93  73  52 W8        29.79F HX 102
ROANOKE RAPIDS PTCLDY    93  73  52 SW13G18   29.74F HX 102
RALEIGH        MOSUNNY   95  72  47 VRB5G16   29.77F HX 103
$$

Thanks man, I'm really excited. About that meteorology program... I haven't found anyone who can tell me about it. All I know is that the major was approved by the university. My temporary advisor told me that she didn't even know it was a major and it isn't on Virginia Tech's online list of majors. Right now I'm undecided so hopefully I'll learn more once I meet with my actual advisor.

Dan Goff (WxDan here, @wxdan on Twitter) is at VT and can probably answer any questions you've got about the meteorology major...

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I had to drop my car off at the Toyota dealership on West Broad and couldn't believe the blue skies, with dark clouds everywhere else. When I got home my house had at least caught the edge of one of the storms. Wound up with maybe .4"

I got exactly 20 drops of rain here in Short Pump out of that "nice little line" ... I couldn't believe my eyes as I watched the radar. It rained 5 miles in every direction from here.

Time to talk Irene on the RIC thread? Anyone beginning to think we could see an Isabel redux... or worse?

yea it's getting close not there yet. i think with the dryness the trees might stand a chance with the harder ground we shall see my inlaws have a house I AM SUPPOSED to be at on vacation right now in corolla nc. it could be a huge blow some houses up in corova won't be there after this, nags head as well

yea it's getting close not there yet. i think with the dryness the trees might stand a chance with the harder ground we shall see my inlaws have a house I AM SUPPOSED to be at on vacation right now in corolla nc. it could be a huge blow some houses up in corova won't be there after this, nags head as well

Yeah I really hope my family's beach house in Emerald Isle is still standing on Sunday with the current track almost right over the island. Family decided to evacuate today.

I'm really hoping we don't see anything on the order of Isabel. I still lived in an apartment back in '03 which meant riding that storm out was actually fun. Fast forward 8 years and I now own a house surrounded by trees. It's funny how perspective changes with circumstance. I'm hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. Any more of a west trend and I may start to get very worried.

Well, I don't know if I cursed us one way or another, but I broke down and went to Home Depot and bought a generator today. I need cold beer.

i bought mine the morning of isabell best purchase ever, i will give her a test run tomorrow.

Yeah I really hope my family's beach house in Emerald Isle is still standing on Sunday with the current track almost right over the island. Family decided to evacuate today.

friends of mine had to leave today from there

I was supposed to go to the beach on Saturday. Oh well, I'll take a long weekend later this fall.

I too was in an apartment during Isabel. Now I'm in a house with a big pine tree right next to where the cable/phone lines are buried. That's the tree I'm worried about. It's natural lean is toward my neighbor's house.

Archived