amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Richmond Metro Obs and Discussion Thread

RIC Airport

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't seen anything too bad yet here in the west end. Surprised there are already so many power outages.

Pretty gusty out here now. Rain pretty good so far... 1" and counting. Also, looking at the radar scan, I'm not sure how this thing moves well to the east of VB without taking a hard right soon. Looks to me as if it will go right over the Beach and just to the east of Norfolk.

my neighborhood is getting its azz handed to them. trees down on cars, houses, roads, powerlines

I sit at the bottom of a hill that rises to my north and has protected us from real damage. Really grateful foe that today.

Power flicked off earlier when I mentioned it, but that flicker was it. Rock solid the rest of the day.

The wind has definitely died down, but still getting heavier gusts. Definitely an overperforming storm. At last check the metro area had over 358,000 customers without power compared to 366,000 that Isabel had.

i have had some gust that have made me go to the middle of the house in the last 20 min. i think dom. power hit 391,000 a little while ago

Archived