Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 26-27 Snowstorm Disco V

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

998mb low about 50 miles east of HSE at hour 30 on Allen's site...4-5 mb deeper than the previous two runs. Low looks more consolidated and circular instead of stretched SW to NE.

Still though up to this point 30/33 it's a hugely fragmented system. With the data ingested from the flights, I have to believe now this is the correct idea and we are going to see a dual structure. It will take a run at SNE, misses then we have to wait/hope for the CCB buildback.

BTW...I just looked at the Euro total qpf and it has gone SE since I last paid attention. Over the weekend it had 1" in ALB and then like .75" 0Z Monday and now it's at .25"... Which is probably too high anyway...but just saying....

Hey you still have JB on your side. In fact I think he was targeting areas more inland than the big cities. He still hasn't issued a mea culpa.

NAM is really, really far south at 36 hours. Congrats DC per this run. I don't know about up here, it's trying to build but on this run we are a million miles from the SLP.

Yeah DC and PHL get a nice run.

Still disjointed and just overall unpleasant. But at least it's not as bad as 6z.

Still though up to this point 30/33 it's a hugely fragmented system. With the data ingested from the flights, I have to believe now this is the correct idea and we are going to see a dual structure. It will take a run at SNE, misses then we have to wait/hope for the CCB buildback.

Are you referring to that blob that is dilly dallying its way across TN,KY, VA? Will that even make it into SNE?

It's less fragmented than the last two runs which what I was getting at.

Are you referring to that blob that is dilly dallying its way across TN,KY, VA? Will that even make it into SNE?

Not really, we'll see a huge increase in moisture off the SC coast much later that looks to miss us to the east. That's going to be associated with the vm that comes up from the GOM and comes at us. The hope we have and I suspect what the EUro is doing (I don't have access to maps in enough detail to tell)...is that the Euro may be bringing that up and around and at us instead of missing ESE.

Archived