Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Pattern Change thread

ORH_wxman

be advised...nzucker will get wood at day 8/9

Wow we moderate pretty fast on the Euro. 2 days in the freezer than by Sunday afternoon we inch back toward normal. Pattern looks ready to reload though and maybe an active storm track. I think climbing out of the deep cold and heading to normal with cold banked to the north is probably the best thing for us.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL it's all sorts of fudged up. It's weird though because we have one hell of a block, but the GOA low I think is causing the problems on the euro.

The GOA low pops a nice +PNA which isn't terrible... but look at what happens to the closed low on the Euro. Goes from Newfoundland to Hudson Bay by 240 hours and there's another s/w that dives into the Plains and starts digging a central US trough.

Even the -NAO ridge gets pinched off and starts retrograding PAST Baffin Bay toward the Northwest Passage.

The GOA low pops a nice +PNA which isn't terrible... but look at what happens to the closed low on the Euro. Goes from Newfoundland to Hudson Bay by 240 hours and there's another s/w that dives into the Plains and starts digging a central US trough.

Even the -NAO ridge gets pinched off and starts retrograding PAST Baffin Bay toward the Northwest Passage.

Yeah good pick up on that. It also shows you just how complicated the pattern can be, too. It's interesting because I think the ensembles are hinting on the same low pressure (or at least it looks that way) as what's shown on the euro, but the ensembles are slower and colder. Anyways, I do like the pattern coming up. At least we'll have some opportunities.

Yeah good pick up on that. It also shows you just how complicated the pattern can be, too. It's interesting because I think the ensembles are hinting on the same low pressure (or at least it looks that way) as what's shown on the euro, but the ensembles are slower and colder. Anyways, I do like the pattern coming up. At least we'll have some opportunities.

Yup... and even when setups looks great 7-10 days out they can still screw us. Case in point the op Euro. My money is still on the GEFS but now we have another crappy option on the table.

Yup... and even when setups looks great 7-10 days out they can still screw us. Case in point the op Euro. My money is still on the GEFS but now we have another crappy option on the table.

I feel like the op models will be all over the place, so I just don't have trust beyond D7. I don't ignore them, because I think sometimes they can signal something, but I think the op models will struggle. It doesn't mean we can't get a low smacking right into sne or just west, but I'm not gonna go all nzucker if a d9 or d10 prog shows it.

I feel like the op models will be all over the place, so I just don't have trust beyond D7. I don't ignore them, because I think sometimes they can signal something, but I think the op models will struggle. It doesn't mean we can't get a low smacking right into sne or just west, but I'm not gonna go all nzucker if a d9 or d10 prog shows it.

completely agree.

i don't think we'll see them settle down until early next week when the block actually becomes firmly established in the North Atlantic. the strength and positioning of those 5h anomalies near/over greenland are going to affect the positioning of so many subtle features in an individual op run. it's pretty telling with the large wave amplification/timing shifts we are seeing after day 5 from run-to-run of the deterministic guidance. yet strong signals have remained in place on the various ensemble packages.

i suppose the ec could be right and heights could rebound along the EC, but i'd like to see that show up for several days in a row first before thinking much about it. think about what it has displayed in the last 4 or 5 days outside of day 5. it's why we have/rely upon the ensembles...especially during periods of transition like this.

LOL.

I am starting to really like the e-wall site

Has euro out to 240hrs...

loops some of them

easy to toggle back and forth

Now if I can learn to understand the darn things :thumbsup:

when do you think wa wa will open? early dec? lets lay a nice foot of mashed potatoes down and melt it to 6 inches of rock.....then champagne powder...ha

Archived