• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Pattern Change thread

ORH_wxman

Eh, I don't think we'd get warm sectored at the sfc enough for tstorms...maybe something elevated. I dunno.

Its still pretty far out and the run to run swings are very wild. Given its still 6-7 days out, I wouldn't put much stock in any given deterministic run. That is some cold stuff though in Canada read to come in once we get that first storm out of the way.

I know its far out, but the most likely outcome seems to be the most boring one imaginable.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kev loves to run his mouth and get a rise out of folks....thats it......he declares victory once you lose composure. :lol:

It's fun arguing back with Kevin.

Eh, I don't think we'd get warm sectored at the sfc enough for tstorms...maybe something elevated. I dunno.

Its still pretty far out and the run to run swings are very wild. Given its still 6-7 days out, I wouldn't put much stock in any given deterministic run. That is some cold stuff though in Canada read to come in once we get that first storm out of the way.

Our best bet would probably be elevated, it's tough enough this time of year to get anything sfc-based here.

Once that first storm passes then the real fun potentially begins, were definitely going to get colder...how cold it remains to be seen but that doesn't really matter anyways.

I think the pattern will gives us lots of clipper potential and even if the models aren't showing anything exciting as far as storm potential goes models aren't going to really pick up on a clipper type system this far out anyways.

There really isn't much support for much of a cold shot at all-besides the NAO going neggy....PNA looks disgusting, frankly.....

There really isn't much support for much of a cold shot at all-besides the NAO going neggy....PNA looks disgusting, frankly.....

The models seem all over the place with the PNA right now and even so if it does go negative it isn't all that extremely negative.

The -NAO block that sets up is so strong though and since the SE ridge is relaxing some it's helping to draw in colder air....plus you have that ridge building into the western US/western Canada and with the east-based block the pattern will basically force that cold air to sink southward and some of it will dump into the Northeast.

We don't even need that much cold though, as long as we are just slightly below-normal temperature wise most of us should be good.

PNA actually does look like it might go briefly positive (or at least near neutral) the weekend after Thanksgiving. But a -NAO block like is being depicted will make it cold regardless of the PNA...it might keep the core of the cold further north in SE Canada and New England/Northeast vs the southeast/M.A. if the PNA can't get positive, but we really don't care about that given where we live. I do think it will get pretty cold even down there though because of how potent this NAO block is.

The models seem all over the place with the PNA right now and even so if it does go negative it isn't all that extremely negative.

The -NAO block that sets up is so strong though and since the SE ridge is relaxing some it's helping to draw in colder air....plus you have that ridge building into the western US/western Canada and with the east-based block the pattern will basically force that cold air to sink southward and some of it will dump into the Northeast.

We don't even need that much cold though, as long as we are just slightly below-normal temperature wise most of us should be good.

We are going to need a PNA ridge to help though Wiz...otherwise you are going to have to time every shortwave disturbance that comes in via the PAC jet. And if there isn't a trough in place in place on the EC it's a fast clipper or a fantasy....just my opinion

We are going to need a PNA ridge to help though Wiz...otherwise you are going to have to time every shortwave disturbance that comes in via the PAC jet. And if there isn't a trough in place in place on the EC it's a fast clipper or a fantasy....just my opinion

I think with help from the atl and not the PAC we maybe more prone to Miller Bs, which is fine by me.

Euro retrogrades the SE Canada PV lobe northwest, lol. What a bizarre solution.

It seems like the 00z run keeps wanting to do something bizarre to minimize the cold/snow pattern and then when the 12z run comes out, it brings it back. Its been doing that the last couple of days.

Regardless, we'll see what the ensembles say in about 90 minutes. The OP run has a hellecious west based NAO block though....so its a bit weird what its doing. :lol:

A PNA ridge out west will definitely help out and as Will said it's possible the PNA briefly becomes positive for a time bring next week. If we do see a -NAO block like that though given the strength that alone could be enough to offset a lack of PNA ridge, what it could do is help to setup a very nice thermal gradient over the region which could really end up benefiting some of us, well at least those of us on the colder side of the boundary.

Our storms this year will probably be quite messy with mixing issues, tight gradients, etc...the upcoming pattern could certainly deliver but it might not be pretty.

After the trough moves off the coast it really wants to return things to a more zonal flow...I'm not so sure we are going to see that occur that soon. The look of the pattern though it sets in place just after the front plows through though looks pretty good...it just doesn't want to keep it that long. Will be interesting to see what the ensembles have to show.

A PNA ridge out west will definitely help out and as Will said it's possible the PNA briefly becomes positive for a time bring next week. If we do see a -NAO block like that though given the strength that alone could be enough to offset a lack of PNA ridge, what it could do is help to setup a very nice thermal gradient over the region which could really end up benefiting some of us, well at least those of us on the colder side of the boundary.

Our storms this year will probably be quite messy with mixing issues, tight gradients, etc...the upcoming pattern could certainly deliver but it might not be pretty.

I'm just hoping for my early December fling before this thing goes ballistic......

I'm just hoping for my early December fling before this thing goes ballistic......

I feel you...I think for us here in CT if we don't have a solid December we could be in trouble. March may have potential...we'll see how that looks as we get closer but I think January will be rather brutal to us.

I feel you...I think for us here in CT if we don't have a solid December we could be in trouble. March may have potential...we'll see how that looks as we get closer but I think January will be rather brutal to us.

Considering the fact that you have 60+ weather years ahead of you my good man, I wouldn't sweat it....big severe season next year? I think so....

Archived