• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Pattern Change thread

ORH_wxman

Yo Freak! its a thing between Ryan and I we do not really care, just bustin.

Hows the skinning? Lots of snowmaking ops now, with huge potential down the road. Que Ray for shoveling potential. I am going to be serious for once. I do not think all is lost yet with that monster LC, you should have the best shot if a secondary pops and cuts through the canal.

I just went off about the fact that December looks great, last night; I'm confounded as to how you are dubbing me "negative" because I don't like our chances for snow on tday.

I'm not being negative, but nor am I delusional....it is what it is.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to be home posting on the laptop. This thing is going south ..way south Turkey day..no way it doesn't with that mega block. Atlantic trumps Pacific

Gald you showed up. i need to speak to a man of faith, my faith at that. Ray and Ryan have been ripping me to shreds all day, need some redemtion and an our father. Hallelujah

And we're off..heavy heavy winter storm en route

THERE IS A PRETTY GOOD

CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION SOMETIME LATE WEDNESDAY AND/OR

THANKSGIVING. PRECIPITATION TYPE IS ALSO QUITE CHALLENGING AT THIS

TIME. RIGHT NOW THE MODELS WOULD FAVOR MAINLY A RAIN EVENT ON THE

COASTAL PLAIN...BUT SOME SNOW/ICE WOULD BE POSSIBLE ACROSS THE

INTERIOR

Exactly how I have been characterizing it.....all rain here on the cp and maybe some front end ice in the interior, with perhaps a touch of snow across the Berks.

I just went off about the fact that December looks great, last night; I'm confounded as to how you are dubbing me "negative" because I don't like our chances for snow on tday.

I'm not being negative, but nor am I delusional....it is what it is.

LOL just bustin dude. praise the Rev Kev, you are not delusional at all just a realist while I am a hypothetical eternal optimist. Amen

Pretty good signal of next week's storm even some days ago, on the models. I even noted how it looked like a loaded gun with arctic high pressure, deep midwest trough and strong jet across the south. That's why it's so important to see if the key ingredients are there..and not the actual specifics on something 10+ days out.

Case in point, 2 weeks from now. Strong west based -nao, possible ridging out west for a time. Now, we wait for a s/w to amplify under the flow.

LOL just bustin dude. praise the Rev Kev, you are not delusional at all just a realist while I am a hypothetical eternal optimist. Amen

I know you are, but just like to reaffirm that form time to time because some may have the wrong idea.....I'm not neg at all about this winter as a whole.

I dnt think Dec will realize a ton of the potential relative to snowfall, but that is just a hunch.

I know you are, but just like to reaffirm that form time to time because some may have the wrong idea.....I'm not neg at all about this winter as a whole.

I dnt think Dec will realize a ton of the potential relative to snowfall, but that is just a hunch.

if you moved 30 miles west you would be in a better mood for winter.

if you lived in w. fitchburg (1000') you would be on the redeveloping secondary locking in cold air......(primary is not in a bad spot 7 days out with a big nao train of optomism)

Yo Freak! its a thing between Ryan and I we do not really care, just bustin.

Hows the skinning? Lots of snowmaking ops now, with huge potential down the road. Que Ray for shoveling potential. I am going to be serious for once. I do not think all is lost yet with that monster LC, you should have the best shot if a secondary pops and cuts through the canal.

Haha yeah I was just bustin your chops as well... I never take anything anyone says to one another in here seriously. The New England crowd is a good bunch.

Snowmaking was blasting away all day today; what a beautiful sight from town today with a man-made blizzard going on up there and even had some off and on flurries today. The mountain picked up 1-4" of snow above 1,600ft last night and hopefully we can nickle and dime our way to a few more inches over the next 72 hours.

I'm still weary of the notion that this T-day storm brings anything but a cold rain... I think it'll be just a shade too far north for much of anything with the real cold coming in behind it. Seasonal tendency this fall has been for systems to stay west of our area, so until I see that change I'm going to be leaning that way. Obviously, should this thing trend south/east, I think I'll be sitting in a pretty favorable spot up here. I would doubt it trends far enough south and east to miss N.VT completely.

if you moved 30 miles west you would be in a better mood for winter.

if you lived in w. fitchburg (1000') you would be on the redeveloping secondary locking in cold air......(primary is not in a bad spot 7 days out with a big nao train of optomism)

No, I wouldn't....I don't give a damn about a touch of front end ice.....NBD there, either.....period.

LOL I know..I've been reading all day..just a a PITA to post from my BB

:lol: It looks like you'll just have to make up your 50 posts per day here this evening. It'll be tough but I bet you can do it.

Anyway, I'm hoping you can make a deal with the big man upstairs to bring this a little further south. Maybe if we wish hard enough... :drunk:

No, I wouldn't....I don't give a damn about a touch of front end ice.....NBD there, either.....period.

your right why be optomistic 7 days out....because seven days out ptype is locked in :scooter:

HOWEVER...THERE ARE

LARGE DIFFERENCES IN TIMING AND TRACK WHICH CAN CERTAINLY BE

EXPECTED AT THIS TIME RANGE. NONETHELESS...THERE IS A PRETTY GOOD

TIME.

Violently disagree

FOR WEDNESDAY NIGHT AND THANKGIVING...PLENTY OF

UNCERTAINTY AS THE 12Z GFS IS INDICATES LOW PRESSURE MOVING FROM

THE OHIO RIVER VALLEY AT 00Z THURSDAY EASTWARD TO JUST OFF CAPE

COD BY 18Z THURSDAY. MEANWHILE...THE 12Z ECMWF IS FURTHER WEST

AND MUCH SLOWER...BRINGING THE LOW FROM IL/IN AREA NORTH TO JUST

OFF THE TIP OF LOWER MICHIGAN BY 00Z FRIDAY WHILE A SECONDARY LOW

BEGINS TO DEVELOP OVER EASTERN PA. GIVEN THE PATTERN OF LATE FOR

STORM SYSTEMS TO REMAIN CENTERED WEST OF THE FORECAST AREA...THE

ECMWF IS PREFERRED.

your right why be optomistic 7 days out....because seven days out ptype is locked in :scooter:

HOWEVER...THERE ARE

LARGE DIFFERENCES IN TIMING AND TRACK WHICH CAN CERTAINLY BE

EXPECTED AT THIS TIME RANGE. NONETHELESS...THERE IS A PRETTY GOOD

TIME.

Ok, revisit in 6 days.

$50 no one outside of the Berks sees more than advy level ice....$20 an adv isn't needed outside of the Berks; you choose.

This one is risky because doesn't even a trace of ZR mean the NWS has to issue an Advisory? I mean 10 minutes of 32F --RN usually means BOX issues an Advisory.

Higher than Advisory Level ice will be very hard to get... what's that, a half inch of ZR or more for a warning? No one should take the first bet... how many warning criteria ice storms have there been in SNE in November to begin with?

Archived