• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Jan 25/26 Storm Part IV

burgertime

Ya that sheet rock dust will do wonders for your sinuses. Frosty knows thats why they make ditches so you can bounce off them and get right back on the road! He's probably heading back from the VA snow chase now that he has a chance of snow!guitar.gif

man you working in the same drywall dust that made Robert sick last week, quit smoking it Pilot!! Frosty called me and about wrecked when he read your post you need to stoplaugh.gif

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if things pan out the way DT expects ME, Powerstroke, Big Frosty, and the new kid Northern Foothills Snowman will be the only one's in this discussion thread. I can only wonder how much weather will be discussed?

I'm still in here just hoping someone shows something different with real time predicitions....like..."Oh, look, it's staying futher south, not moving as much." I'm in here because I like learning, too. Back on topic now.

So if things pan out the way DT expects ME, Powerstroke, Big Frosty, and the new kid Northern Foothills Snowman will be the only one's in this discussion thread. I can only wonder how much weather will be discussed?

And me. lol Looking at the 12z Hires models it looks like the counties right along the VA border get close to .5" after sounding support snow as far East as Caswell County. Looks like the possibility for 3 to 5 inches is still on the table according to those models from about my area North and West with much more up into Virginia. Both the NAM and GFS were less impressive but still show the possibility of accumulating snow up this way.

and it just gets more interesting; WSW posted.. TN just might do well....

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/hun/

Good thing that snow will stop at the GA border...

:whistle:

knowing our luck in ga for this event it will lol... either the cold air wont get to ga by the time the precip leaves or the radar will show al getting hit and then it moves ne in TN (yes i realize thats not why you posted that :lol: i am just being a sour puss today). although looking at the latest images it appears that the latter may very well happen with the split.

[sarcasm]gfs sure did well on this event, didnt it[/sarcasm]

knowing our luck in ga for this event it will lol... either the cold air wont get to ga by the time the precip leaves or the radar will show al getting hit and then it moves ne in TN (yes i realize thats not why you posted that :lol: i am just being a sour puss today). although looking at the latest images it appears that the latter may very well happen with the split.

[sarcasm]gfs sure did well on this event, didnt it[/sarcasm]

I'm not so sure I understand the angst coming from the catbird seat :) Heck, I've got snow flurries back in my point forecast, and flurries is all I ever expected out of this. I've got near a quarter inch of rain so far..never a bad thing. A cold wind is blowing from the north so it feels like a nice cold rain even if it is 41, so it feels great outside. Winter has weeks and weeks to go and it isn't 70 like so many Jan. I've encountered. Blocking will come back, I'm sure. And I've decided since the Christmas anti snow record fell, the next to fall this year is the anti sn/ip 1st week of Feb. so I'm looking to get covered up in sleet next week. Shoot, things seem grand down here in Pollyannaish Rationalization Land, lol. T

I'm just curious what path this surface low is really gonna take. The 1008mb low is currently sitting slightly south of Mobile and all day long has been heading almost due east while the moisture split and some went to west TN and the other south and east.

http://www.daculaweather.com/conus/mesoanalysis.php

I'm not so sure I understand the angst coming from the catbird seat :) Heck, I've got snow flurries back in my point forecast, and flurries is all I ever expected out of this. I've got near a quarter inch of rain so far..never a bad thing. A cold wind is blowing from the north so it feels like a nice cold rain even if it is 41, so it feels great outside. Winter has weeks and weeks to go and it isn't 70 like so many Jan. I've encountered. Blocking will come back, I'm sure. And I've decided since the Christmas anti snow record fell, the next to fall this year is the anti sn/ip 1st week of Feb. so I'm looking to get covered up in sleet next week. Shoot, things seem grand down here in Pollyannaish Rationalization Land, lol. T

my angst has been lessened - gsp mentions ne ga and the upstate mtns might see snow lol. i havent seen much to indicate that, but will admit i havent been looking at the runs today with too much detail

I'm just curious what path this surface low is really gonna take. The 1008mb low is currently sitting slightly south of Mobile and all day long has been heading almost due east while the moisture split and some went to west TN and the other south and east.

i was sort of wondering the same thing - and with a small area of snow it still seems a bit up in the air exactly where that will be - although it looks like western tn may get in on the action

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO

6 PM EST WEDNESDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PEACHTREE CITY HAS ISSUED A

WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM

MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 6 PM EST WEDNESDAY. THIS ADVISORY COVERS AREAS

MAINLY NORTH OF A SUMMERVILLE TO ELLIJAY TO BRASSTOWN BALD LINE.

surprise, surprise

NWS ............. We'll see !!!

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM WEDNESDAY TO

MIDNIGHT EST WEDNESDAY NIGHT...

.TONIGHT...RAIN. A CHANCE OF FREEZING RAIN AFTER MIDNIGHT. ICE

ACCUMULATION AROUND A TRACE. NOT AS COOL WITH LOWS IN THE MID

30S. NORTHEAST WINDS AROUND 10 MPH. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION NEAR

100 PERCENT.

.WEDNESDAY...RAIN. SNOW AND LIGHT SLEET IN THE MORNING...THEN A

CHANCE OF SNOW IN THE AFTERNOON. SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATION

1 TO 2 INCHES. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 30S. NORTHEAST WINDS AROUND

10 MPH...BECOMING NORTH IN THE AFTERNOON. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION

NEAR 100 PERCENT.

.WEDNESDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY WITH A 50 PERCENT CHANCE OF

SNOW. LITTLE OR NO ADDITIONAL SNOW ACCUMULATION. LOWS IN THE MID

20S. NORTHWEST WINDS AROUND 10 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 MPH.

What? Now a WS Warning for NE TN? I like it, but this sure seems to be in conflict with most of the discussion today.....

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MORRISTOWN TN

325 PM EST TUE JAN 25 2011

...ACCUMULATING SNOW OR WINTRY MIX EXPECTED ON WEDNESDAY INTO

WEDNESDAY NIGHT...

.A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL TRACK EAST TONIGHT...THEN LIFT

NORTHEAST ACROSS THE CAROLINAS ON WEDNESDAY. THIS SYSTEM WILL

SPREAD A LARGE AREA OF RAIN ACROSS SOUTHERN APPALACHIANS REGION

THROUGH EARLY TONIGHT THEN SWITCH TO SNOW LATE TONIGHT. THE

HEAVIEST SNOW ACCUMULATIONS SHOULD OCCUR ON WEDNESDAY WHEN THE

COLDER AIR WILL FLOW INTO THE REGION...CAUSING THE SNOW TO

ACCUMULATE BY WEDNESDAY.

AT THIS TIME...IT APPEARS THAT THE BEST CHANCE FOR ACCUMULATING

SNOWFALL WILL BE WEDNESDAY MID MORNING INTO WEDNESDAY EVENING...

IN THE WINTER STORM WATCH AREA. A GENERAL SNOWFALL OF 2 TO

5 INCHES IS POSSIBLE IN THE WATCH AREA BY LATE WEDNESDAY

EVENING...WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS OF 6 INCHES OR MORE

POSSIBLE ACROSS THE VERY HIGHEST ELEVATIONS OF SOUTHWESTERN

VIRGINIA...NORTHEAST TENNESSEE...AND THE SMOKY MOUNTAINS.

What? Now a WS Warning for NE TN? I like it, but this sure seems to be in conflict with most of the discussion today.....

Sounds about right. Keep the upper low in mind, it's what most likely bring the snow for you.

As far as when it was suppose to go neutral... I do believe now was the time but I've already forgotten what the models were calling for now! It should go negative somewhere off of Savannah or Charleston.

EDIT: BUT SINCE NOTHING ABOUT THIS STORM HAS DONE WHAT IT'S SUPPOSE TO DO... ALL BETS ARE OFF!

20z RUC accumulated 12-hr precip at hr 12. Where did all our rain go? arrowheadsmiley.png

Western Tennessee looks to get hit good. 20z RUC shows heavy snow around the Memphis area at around 10 PM tonight.

I do believe I'm in that little hole with no precip. Oh Well, enjoyed golf today since we hit nearly 50 and will enjoy what little bit of rain I do get. It kind of stinks that we don't get the snow, but now very little rain probably on top of that.... starting to get pretty dry again.

gfs is dragging that deformation band through northern nc again. just looking at the 500mb pattern, with that wave sitting over eastern nc and the slp off the coast. once that consolidates, i still think, climo wise, it favors something over western nc/southern va tomorrow. just gonna have to wait and see.

gfs is dragging that deformation band through northern nc again. just looking at the 500mb pattern, with that wave sitting over eastern nc and the slp off the coast. once that consolidates, i still think, climo wise, it favors something over western nc/southern va tomorrow. just gonna have to wait and see.

I noticed that too, It looks like a pretty good thumping around here tomorrow evening on the GFS ?

Well IDK if this will support snow or not with 2m temps 2.3 ? Gives me .43 qpf

WED 18Z 26-JAN 2.3 -0.8 1004 95 96 0.35 542 538

THU 00Z 27-JAN -0.2 -1.6 1010 92 73 0.08 547 540

Archived