Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 2-4 Storm

CarolinaCrusher2000

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's what the euro shows for my area Mon/Tues/Wed 1.13 qpf

Of course I'm taking this with a huge grain of salt ! :)

MON 18Z 31-JAN 0.2 0.3 0.14

TUE 00Z 01-FEB -1.2 0.1 0.19

TUE 06Z 01-FEB -1.9 1.0 0.18

TUE 12Z 01-FEB -1.7 3.0 0.06

TUE 18Z 01-FEB 1.0 5.5 0.05

WED 00Z 02-FEB 0.9 6.1 0.40

WED 06Z 02-FEB 2.3 8.1 0.09

WED 12Z 02-FEB 4.4 3.8 0.01

Probably 32-33 and two inches of rain for both of us

i'll take it at least its something to go on. this last storm was a bust after all weather serviecs were talking about the south was going to get a Big Winter Storm from Atl. to Upstate to WNC just to watch the storm trend warmer and more northwest of the area.

Probably 32-33 and two inches of rain for both of us

Te Euro AND the Canadian? :lmao: They are light years apart When will folks here stop paying attention to that clown?

I look at that clown for just his thoughts on tracks and such, I know he don't forecast for the SE. Just sharing what he thinks the slp track will be next week. I do not look at him for a forecast around here. :mapstorm: I listen to Foothills, RW, Dawson, Matthew, Hky, Phil, Eyewall, And Cheez :D for forecast in the SE. :thumbsup: Hope I didn't leave anybody out ?

I look at that clown for just his thoughts on tracks and such, I know he don't forecast for the SE. Just sharing what he thinks the slp track will be next week. I do not look at him for a forecast around here. :mapstorm: I listen to Foothills, RW, Dawson, Matthew, Hky And Cheez :D for forecast in the SE. :thumbsup: Hope I didn't leave anybody out ?

I am with you. That clown said last week this storm would be inland runner before anybody else. He is great at seeing a storm but not forecasting it.

That looks to be all or mostly ZR to my untrained eye. If that happened... :yikes:

The interesting thing, going back to the late 1800's, is that pure big Miller A snowstorms have been very rare (actually none 3.5"+) for ATL during the period 1/31-2/7, but during the same period there have actually been four major ZR's fwiw.

The interesting thing, going back to the late 1800's, is that pure big Miller A snowstorms have been very rare (actually none 3.5"+) for ATL during the period 1/31-2/7, but during the same period there have actually been four major ZR's fwiw.

Very interesting indeed! Even though its only one model run, it something to watch at least.:popcorn:

we had a major ice event around 93 or 94 I think

I have a document that lists the major ice storms for NC/SC for the period 1950-1999. According to it, there was a very bad one 2/10-13/1994.

Using this document, the first week in Feb. was awful for NC/SC during the period 1971-1996 with four major ZR's:

1971, 1975, 1979, and 1996

No need to get excited about the 18z gfs... its just starting to trend towards the lakes cutter like the Euro. Just watch.

Phil, My money is on a lakes cutter and HP sliding out fast. So we end up with a cold rain instead of IP/ZR

I posted the image for pure entertainment purpose. Never get excited over a 18z GFS @ week out. lol

Archived