Middle to Northern Jersey are becoming, frankly, dangerous areas to live. I know a few of you “joked” in the past about it becoming the new tornado alley but it has definitely become a haven for severe thunderstorms and rain inundations.
Looks like Western Suffolk to Middle Island about to get some serious rain in the next hour. West and east of that…not so much. Amazing how much the sky has changed in my train ride west.
I remember feeling like there’d be snow on the ground from around Christmas to early March every year. The last couple of years have definitely been a huge disappointment in terms of snow.
No wind, but yeah, about the same size hail here. I heard it against my house and then opened up my front door (I just got home about 15min ago) and could actually see it, which is a first for me.
Can’t get snow on NYE, but hail? Yeah, sure lol
There wasn’t a severe warning for any of the area, no? Train ride all the way from Jamaica to Rockville Centre has been a deluge.
worst of it looks to still be off the coast heading right for the Queens/Nassau.