Jump to content

guinness77

Members
  • Posts

    389
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by guinness77

  1. lol yep. Like insult to injury.
  2. I play in the men’s footy beer leagues on Sundays and it has been miserable. Pickups have been annoying enough, late summer but so far, 1st Sunday was pouring up until a few hours before and it was clear but it was ungodly humid. Like, I was sweating for an hour AFTER we were done. We canceled the weekend of the nor’easter, which probably would have been the best weather and the other two Sundays were raw and rainy. Couldn’t tell if it was sweat, rain, or both and took forever for my clothes and cleats to dry. Awful weather.
  3. Damn you’re a young man. You should celebrate your bday and enjoy the warm autumn weather today and tomorrow.
  4. Okay I didn’t know this. I feel like I had never heard that name before but maybe it replaced a retired name?
  5. lol why is the NHC in love with the name Isaias?
  6. I mean…you could I was born in Fairbanks.
  7. lol, what was up with the thunderstorm in Jamaica? I didn’t think it was supposed to rain today. I’m in a windowless office so I was taken a little aback by the dark sky and then it was gusty and pouring for a few minutes. 2026, amirite?
  8. Man, it has gotten muggy out. Feels like summer again all of a sudden.
  9. Looks like we’re missing a big bit of moisture off the coast of LI now. Probably headed for Central/Southern Jersey though.
  10. Pretty sure we got a 50mph gust just now here in West Babylon. Sounded like a truck was coming down my side street. Rain has been mostly minimal here. Guessing worst of that will be after 2 or 3am looking at radar. Edit: ok, let the dogs out and it’s raining pretty hard.
  11. Got about an hour and 10min of the ol footy in in Sayville just now. Caught a good pocket of dryness/mist before it opened up about 9:45. Pretty gusty, and actually chilly, car said it was 56 degrees when I got back into it, but a nice run before eating and drinking tonight lol
  12. Was thinking venison, duck, halibut…in that order plus some oysters haha. We’ve been to Whalers/Molly Malone’s many times and enjoyed it. The Fat Fish is ok and Capt Bill’s is always great.
  13. LOL. Yup, that’s it. We’ve never eaten there before, luckily we got 7:30 next Saturday.
  14. lol already got branches down in my neighborhood. Canceled a reservation for our 20th anniversary dinner in Bay Shore that was supposed to be at 8pm tomorrow because that area floods rather easily, forget in a storm like this. Lol it’s always friggin something ugh.
  15. People on Twitter are absolutely losing their minds. Lot of people going there for whatever the reason (clicks?). I saw a guy with a substantial amount of followers call it Sandy 2.0 and when he got called out on it he’s like “I’m just talking about the track,” which was false. This place is fairly rational which is why I read here for a long time before I signed up.
  16. Heads up for you LIRR commuters…winds have already been a problem, two downed utility poles by Bethpage will mess up your commute on the Ronkonkoma branch into tomorrow morning. This has been going on since 1pm today.
  17. Possibly, but Philly area might be impacted more Friday into Saturday than for my area here on LI. The one thing you might have to worry about is if Amtrak starts doing more construction/track/excavation work in the Tri-State area…yikes.
  18. Been dancing back and forth to fish for us and right off the coast of the Forks every other model run of GFS. Gonna be a long couple of days haha
  19. Definitely not ready to dismiss the Euro. 4 to 5 days out is an entirety also. I’d prefer the miss myself but I can’t see it not having some kind of impact Friday to Sunday.
  20. Euro is fully onboard for a classic storm, the other models…not so much. GFS is staying off coast completely while the others are showing a late hook in but mostly off shore as well. Again, five days away, obviously anything is possible.
  21. lol yeah right on the cusp. Saturday is a long time from now too.
  22. In all fairness to my earlier GFS post, the rest of the models all have this affecting us one way or the other…just depends on the severity which is why I found the GFS surprising.
  23. Wow. This weekend’s Nor'easter is non-existent on the GFS.
×
×
  • Create New...