-
Posts
1,472 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Blogs
Forums
American Weather
Media Demo
Store
Gallery
Everything posted by BombsAway1288
-
Last I saw, he had Boston getting 12" and Worcester 15" or 16". Something change that I missed?
-
Active mid December with multiple event potential
BombsAway1288 replied to Typhoon Tip's topic in New England
Whoa. That's a textbook crush job from PHL-BOS -
Active mid December with multiple event potential
BombsAway1288 replied to Typhoon Tip's topic in New England
It's pure jealousy or envious or whatever you want to call it. Everyone's dream in that area is for a NJ/NYC/LI jackpot and all of SNE to get skunked due to years of overperforming here. The run in 2015 sealed it. I know this because I used to be the same exact way being from NNJ before I moved up here lol -
Active mid December with multiple event potential
BombsAway1288 replied to Typhoon Tip's topic in New England
WSW watch up for SE Mass. Nothing yet north of that. BOX riding the GFS/SE models, for now -
Active mid December with multiple event potential
BombsAway1288 replied to Typhoon Tip's topic in New England
Thought you meant when did the ensembles go south and east. I'm not Will and terrible at remembering specific systems but do remember the NAM riding solo in the mid-long range on systems all by itself and scoring coupes. To be fair, I can't remember the GFS specific being an outlier and scoring a coupe but other models yes -
Active mid December with multiple event potential
BombsAway1288 replied to Typhoon Tip's topic in New England
-
Active mid December with multiple event potential
BombsAway1288 replied to Typhoon Tip's topic in New England
Seeing the GFS ensembles so far south and east is concerning. We've seen outlier models score coupes before with big systems. -
Active mid December with multiple event potential
BombsAway1288 replied to Typhoon Tip's topic in New England
None of the ones I saw have an actual map with accumulations yet. Just probability/percentage chance maps for a plowable snow. Forecast accumulation maps will start to come out tomorrow afternoon for the local stations I believe. -
Active mid December with multiple event potential
BombsAway1288 replied to Typhoon Tip's topic in New England
This isn't even close to being a top analog for this system, snowfall wise. There will not be 10-20 inches of snow for the coastal mid-atlantic and the Carolina's. Come on now.... -
Active mid December with multiple event potential
BombsAway1288 replied to Typhoon Tip's topic in New England
Early occlusion is usually best for WCT/NYC and SW of there. Storm blowing it’s load too early is usually never good for NE -
Huh? Sorry, but that is not right, unless you're referring to the short range hurricane models, the rest of the models have been atrocious this year in the medium-long range, at least earlier in the season. There was multiple occasions when both the GFS and Euro had hurricane's or TD's just dissipating as they reached the coast. Been an awful year for the globals.
-
The way the operational's have handled TC's in the medium-long range (even short-range) this year, I would be taking anything they show with a grain of salt.
-
That is quite the spike over the last week. Does this translate to mean that there is A LOT more people that actually have covid right now and don't necessarily know it being that actual new daily positive numbers are less than in April/May?
-
That is absolutely wild and awesome at the same time
-
Clearly. Was kind of going with a rhetorical question there. Guess the question or statement should have been more geared towards to how did this just explode so fast in the northern Gulf in late October, just as Greg Postel was referring to in his tweet.
-
Def much stronger winds than I was expecting. Watching those winds in downtown NO on TWC was impressive. Probably the best live coverage I've seen them do for a landfalling hurricane. 24 hrs ago this was a 65mph tropical storm. What happened? lol
-
That might be one of the best transformer blow-up video's I've ever seen! That was awesome! You are asking for trouble though having those power lines run right through a bunch of tree's, ice storm or not.
-
To kind of nitpick, the Leewards and the Bahamas are islands that yes, did experience major hurricanes but they're islands that don't have "inland" areas comparable to the Plains of the US. You're point remains the same though. Big SUSTAINED winds don't really happen inland, anywhere at all.
-
That data get released yet? That was def the most interestingly positioned site for this storm with the track making a center hit on Creole. Creole is east of Cameron so this station would of been in the northwestern-western side of the eyewall which clearly over performed in this storm with the reported winds in Beaumont/Port Arthur which are even more west of the center and west of Cameron.
-
TY. Was the last thing I was thinking
-
Ummm you mean 6 weeks apart and a cat 2 and cat 4?
-
Gonna guess that this will be the highest reported reliable wind measurement we get from Delta. Weakening will only accelerate from here on out. Unless some late reports come in of course
-
You mean a Greek named storm is so bad that it needs to be retired? I think they would retire it and just not replace it. Like I said though, I think....
-
Really? The CMC? Granted, I haven't followed and analyzed the models for verification this year when it comes to tropical systems but just going by how it performed for Laura, I wouldn't exactly say the Canadian is the go-to model. I'm not saying/trying to downplay anything out there like some people on here. Just questioning the model of choice.
-
Honestly, I think I speak for everyone when I say I think it's time for you to stop. You were saying the same exact thing earlier this week about the 2 systems that will impact the SE US next week and were wrong. You're clearly giving your best trolling attempt
