• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hybrid frisbee storm - December 31-January 2

snowstormcanuck

Placement of PV will dictate how much s/w riding over our PNA ridge will be allowed to amplify. Regardless, complete suppression of SE ridge and confluence from the PV likely means an E-W moving snow shield, regardless of the eventual latitude. 

I've seen storms like this before and I still think south is the way to go. But recent model runs have been encouraging so I'm willing to wait and see.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning! You said yesterday that this event is thread worthy. Superstition prevented me from starting it, so I'm glad you did.

I enjoyed reading the overnight discussion in the clipper thread. It looks to benefit most of the subforum, some more than others.

Not once in 8 winters here and at Eastern have I started a thread and gotten the desired outcome imby. So this should make you I-80 corridor huggers golden. 

Placement of PV will dictate how much s/w riding over our PNA ridge will be allowed to amplify. Regardless, complete suppression of SE ridge and confluence from the PV likely means an E-W moving snow shield, regardless of the eventual latitude. 

I've seen storms like this before and I still think south is the way to go. But recent model runs have been encouraging so I'm willing to wait and see.

South? No way. There's no blocking to keep or revert this thing to the south. Typical mid range bias of the models rearing its head. The north shift looks spot on. If you're south of a GBG-IKK-FWA-MFD line...it's pretty much game over. 

GFS and its ensemble suite looks out to lunch. Its PV location is way more progressive then the euro and where its been trending over the last few runs. Nothing blocking the PV from barreling east given the positive NAO forecast consensus. Should help increase wave spacing enough for the AJ/vort max to dig nicely.

South? No way. There's no blocking to keep or revert this thing to the south. Typical mid range bias of the models rearing its head. The north shift looks spot on. If you're south of a GBG-IKK-FWA-MFD line...it's pretty much game over. 

Not enough wave length between the PV and the s/w that's attempting to dig and amplify. Yeah, it's transient, but not transient enough. Plus, it's not like the PV is up over Davis Strait. It's at about 50 N, which is death for here, especially when it's that far west.

I'll drive to LAF and mow your lawn in the spring Tim if the 12z/29 NAM or a solution further north verifies. Graze job for YYZ is how I'm feeling. You might be a touch south of the best snows but you're still well in the game imho.

Not enough wave length between the PV and the s/w that's attempting to dig and amplify. Yeah, it's transient, but not transient enough. Plus, it's not like the PV is up over Davis Strait. It's at about 50 N, which is death for here, especially when it's that far west.

I'll drive to LAF and mow your lawn in the spring Tim if the 12z/29 NAM or a solution further north verifies. Graze job for YYZ is how I'm feeling. You might be a touch south of the best snows but you're still well in the game imho.

That's a bet. Big lawn here BTW. :D

But we're gonna agree to disagree. I think YYZ is sitting pretty...and LAF is a goner. We'll see. 

I'm on the fence now. Snow, or the fun of watching Tim's lawn being manicured....

Archived