• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2015 Atlantic Hurricane Season General Discussion

mackerel_sky

12z Nam keeps it offshore. 12z GFS loops it around into SC. 12z CMC brings it into SC and up through central/eastern NC. Nice consensus!

Gonna be fun to watch and see how it plays out.....still sucks to me that they can look at the radar returns off Florida and then cancel recon....ugh

Based on the current long range loops if this thing has any kind of organized storms near its "center" going into DMAX it could get to TD or TS status pretty quick....overall conditions are pretty favorable if this was a month from now and the water was 5-10 degrees warmer we would have a big problem brewing off the SE coast given the forecast for a probable landfall.

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=MLB&product=N0Z&overlay=11101111&loop=yes

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gonna be fun to watch and see how it plays out.....still sucks to me that they can look at the radar returns off Florida and then cancel recon....ugh

Based on the current long range loops if this thing has any kind of organized storms near its "center" going into DMAX it could get to TD or TS status pretty quick....overall conditions are pretty favorable if this was a month from now and the water was 5-10 degrees warmer we would have a big problem brewing off the SE coast given the forecast for a probable landfall.

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=MLB&product=N0Z&overlay=11101111&loop=yes

Yeah it sucks.  Maybe they'll send the plane in later.  The 12z Euro brings it inland and up through eastern NC.

Most of the spaghetti plots have it moving North for a while, then hooking into MB area, then up into E NC. They were calling it Ana by Friday on our local 6 pm weather! I don't care what it does , because all it's bringing me is subsidence ! :(

You live too close to Shetley.

Going to have to watch the system today if it sends some outer bands into eastern NC and coastal SC there could be a increased risk for small tornados etc....hopefully they don't cancel the recon it looks good on radar however it doesn't have that fully tropical look at all although it is firing and maintaining some storms that appear to be trying to wrap the center.....suspect TS ANA will form there in the next 12-18 hrs.

Buoys 41004 ( off Charleston ) and Frying Pan Shoals buoy 41013 both are sustained 30 mph for the last several hrs

41004 off Charleston hit a gust to 45 last hr, so its squally on the east side regardless of the nature of the low, gonna be a wet few days on the SC/NC coast.....

Downeastnc,

Just to clarify, buoy 41004 is to the NW of the center.

Based on recon, this could be declared Ana shortly. However, it still is just Invest 90L as of 11AM.

Downeastnc,

Just to clarify, buoy 41004 is to the NW of the center.

Based on recon, this could be declared Ana shortly. However, it still is just Invest 90L as of 11AM.

Yeah I dunno why I said east there lol, I was thinking how surprised I was that the western side had so much activity compared to the east......

This WV loops shows why this system will have a hard time being much of anything at this point, if it can get that dry air NE of the center out that will improve its chances significantly.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/eaus/flash-wv.html

Going to have to watch the system today if it sends some outer bands into eastern NC and coastal SC there could be a increased risk for small tornados etc....hopefully they don't cancel the recon it looks good on radar however it doesn't have that fully tropical look at all although it is firing and maintaining some storms that appear to be trying to wrap the center.....suspect TS ANA will form there in the next 12-18 hrs.

Buoys 41004 ( off Charleston ) and Frying Pan Shoals buoy 41013 both are sustained 30 mph for the last several hrs

eastern sc today, there's not much of a tornado threat (nw side) but for those that ultimately end up on the north and northeast quadrant, yes, chances go up quite a bit. Spaghetti plots were of no help regarding future movements.

The only thing that's sure is if the system gains tropical characteristics, it will likely be named. Well away from the rain shield in Eastern SC, Ksav and Knbc already sustaining winds over 20 mph gusting over 30.

eastern sc today, there's not much of a tornado threat (nw side) but for those that ultimately end up on the north and northeast quadrant, yes, chances go up quite a bit. Spaghetti plots were of no help regarding future movements.

The only thing that's sure is if the system gains tropical characteristics, it will likely be named. Well away from the rain shield in Eastern SC, Ksav and Knbc already sustaining winds over 20 mph gusting over 30.

This system seems to have plateaued a bit strength wise the winds at the buoys offshore has been constant but not getting any higher and the pressure is steady more or less so its not deepening but the dry air has a lot to do with that...

pressure falling again at buoys 41004 and 41013, so we will see if this thing can do anything to get organized.

The system has sustained winda strong enough, just a matter of getting enough organization to classify this a (sub)tropical cyclone.

Its trying to fire some thunderstorms near the center,  we'll see if it can get better organized, definitely windy here at the coast in Jville.

Has some lightning near the center which indicates some strengthening, recon data found surface winds of 44 mph at one spot on the SE side so it is above the TS threshold.  GFS says moisture will have a hard time making it anywhere beyond the immediate coast, but if this thing lingers long enough it will cause problems.

The storm looks to be dying. Good bye Ana chances.

While it may weaken in the near future, good convection looks to fire up Saturday around the CoC so I wouldn't call anything off just yet.

Diurnal minima. More than likely when we the normal nocturnal maxima, renewed convection refires, much like overnight last night. Pretty typical in developing systems like this one.

Yeah the Dmin didn't hurt it to bad, it didn't have a pressure spike it just maintained and it has the dry air issue as well, lets see if Dmax is good to it.....

Archived