joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/4 - 3/5 Post-Frontal Snow Chance

Capt. Adam

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just looking at the radar loops, its clear that R/S line is pushing furiously SE. 2-3 AM is a good change over time for NYC. Everything's going according to plan. 

It won't be that fast, closer to 5am looks good right now based on the RGEM which 06Z projection of the R/S line looks good right now as FWN is still rain and it has them going over right around 06z.

It won't be that fast, closer to 5am looks good right now based on the RGEM which 06Z projection of the R/S line looks good right now as FWN is still rain and it has them going over right around 06z.

You can run circles around me meteorologically, but if those weathertap radars are to be believed, they show the R/S line dropping about 25 miles SE, from the NW border of Sussex to past the SE border of Sussex County over the past 2 hours.  That's about 25 miles and if that rate were sustained - and I'm not saying it will be, but if it were - the R/S line would be from about White Plains to Edison (just about into NYC) in 2 more hours, i.e., by about 2:30 am.  

You can run circles around me meteorologically, but if those weathertap radars are to be believed, they show the R/S line dropping about 25 miles SE, from the NW border of Sussex to past the SE border of Sussex County over the past 2 hours.  That's about 25 miles and if that rate were sustained - and I'm not saying it will be, but if it were - the R/S line would be from about White Plains to Edison (just about into NYC) in 2 more hours, i.e., by about 2:30 am.  

The rain snow line is slowly crashing south ward. I think NYC changes over by 2-3.

Which one? There's Rockaway Boro and Rockaway Township. The boro is right along I-80 whereas the township largely extends all the way up to the Sussex county border.

I just checked it out. Near Dover. That's not very far North from Manhattan. I'm thinking we r looking at 90 minutes till change over. Sorry to see n say we lost .28 QPF to rain. By time we switch we r looking at .35. sure hope ratios on back end n 2nd wave catch up

Archived