Newest Member
    joxey
OBS: Snow, Monday-Tuesday 1/26-27/2015

famartin

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably should have put this here

Check out the recent radar loop from KDOX. Look atr that crazy plume of moisture heading NNW along eastern border of DE. Just popped up in last few frames

i've been watching blobs of moisture approaching from central delaware fall apart just as they reach wilmington all day

I was in cc Philly most of the morning, it started snowing lightly there around 6:45, still snowing when I left around 10, got home and shoveled about 0.60" of snow off the driveway. It's been snowing the whole time, but lightly.

I missed a whole morning's worth of discussion and model watching, but I do like what the NAM shows! 

And the NWS just "reaffirmed" the WSW, which is a positive.

The real fun stuff is that the radar in the last few minutes has started to look very interesting. Looks like some nice moisture working its way up here. And suddenly it's snowing moderately here with medium size flakes...come on baby! You can do it!

Same here...mod snow and winds picking up....flakes size have increased. What is kinda strange is birds flying around in erratic patterns...go figure? And in mean 10 - 20 just shooting around. 26.7F...

Filtered sun, very windy

21deg

dp15

I noticed that earlier too, it was snowing lightly, very windy, the sun was showing through the clouds a bit, and you could also see definition in the clouds like when it's raining...probably because the snow was so light. It's all good when you feel like the best is yet to come.

I am watching from afar (I no longer live in New Jersey) so I have no dog in this fight... HOWEVER, the radar looks like it is blossoming all over NJ as I type this.  There looks like a fairly significant band blowing up over the northern third of the state (and over NYC and Long Island) with lesser blobs blossoming all over the rest of the state right on down to Cape May.     

I bet this website will be knocked offline during the heart of the storm. :P

Can't wait for that Cape May band to get up here. Looks like it'll be here in 45-60 minutes at the rate, and I love how the area is just spewing out precip.

It's mostly convective sleet and is bright banding on the radar no doubt.

Archived