Newest Member
    joxey
OBS: Snow, Monday-Tuesday 1/26-27/2015

famartin

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3452c43545b3e98146a5df2e125501c0.png

Looks like I might get that band that has been drying out anyways. Not sure if the new forming line very close to the radar is because of the proximity of the precip to the radar or something really forming there.

40d32639455079819d5c17bd77b6693f.png

Band looks very healthy, better not dry out around me.

Barometer gradually dropping. Now down to 29.59, or 1002 mb ( according to Wunderground. )

There's been a lot of that going on over the last 6 hours. I just looked outside and saw stars for Pete's sake.

It's like that digging trough is pushing the coastal further east.  And the dew points are relatively low which makes for good ratios if a lot of moisture is available to tap, but seems to dry out what little is making it westward across Jersey at the moment.

It's like that digging trough is pushing the coastal further east.  And the dew points are relatively low which makes for good ratios if a lot of moisture is available to tap, but seems to dry out what little is making it westward across Jersey at the moment.

Someone mentioned this earlier, about that band of snow in Central PA. I have no idea but I could imagine that having something to do with it, as if the dry air from the HP up north is being funneled down between us and Central PA and inhibiting the snow from pushing West. Sounds good anyway.

Someone mentioned this earlier, about that band of snow in Central PA. I have no idea but I could imagine that having something to do with it, as if the dry air from the HP up north is being funneled down between us and Central PA and inhibiting the snow from pushing West. Sounds good anyway.

So expanding on my amateur theory, I see that band in Central PA starting to break up...maybe that will allow the snow in New Jersey to push west a little more easily? It sure seems to want to come across the river.

Archived