Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The 2012/13 Ski Season Thread

ski MRG

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for the intrusion, lol....just a quick question, this probably isnt the proper thread but ill probably get the best answers here....looking to do a weekend away in NE somewhere, either VT or NH. I'd like a ski town vibe, but in general just a town that just feels "wintery" if that makes sense lol. I go to Lake Placid a lot, but just looking for maybe something a bit different this year. Any suggestions? Probably wont be able to ski, so location relative to mountain isnt a big deal.

Sorry for the intrusion, lol....just a quick question, this probably isnt the proper thread but ill probably get the best answers here....looking to do a weekend away in NE somewhere, either VT or NH. I'd like a ski town vibe, but in general just a town that just feels "wintery" if that makes sense lol. I go to Lake Placid a lot, but just looking for maybe something a bit different this year. Any suggestions? Probably wont be able to ski, so location relative to mountain isnt a big deal.

i'd do stowe, vt

Stowe

wait he happened to be on the same exact chair? lol

Haha yep...I got on the quad with my buddy and we got a few towers up the lift and I looked over and sure enough, Christian was the third guy on the lift, lol.

What are the chances?

Snowing lightly still in town, grass is almost covered down at 750ft, somewhere around 1.5" of snow. Cpick is staying further up the road towards the mountain, so I bet he's got a pretty solid covering.

2-4" at the mountain at 4pm... just over 2" at the base and around 4" in sheltered spots up high. Open areas were blowing and drifting good. I bet the mountain has picked up an additional 1-2" since 4pm with snow showers/squalls continuing.

Nothing overly impressive but just nice to have the winter feel out there... 27F now in town with gusty winds and snow blowing off the roof-tops. Really the first "winter" evening of the season up here.

Mansfield (right over the county line up RT 108 from town) continues to cause the snow showers to blossom again once you think its about to end.

Archived