12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
NYC/PHL Jan 25-28 Potential Threat Part 2

am19psu

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People need to pull out there KU volume 1 chapter 5 book and note that a high sliding displaced to the northeast is almost never good for along I-95 to the coast.

That is indeed true. If the setup ultimately involves a retreating H to the NE there will not be a heavy all snow storm for the coastal plain around phl and nyc. Don't get sucked into thinking that will work out...been there, done that. The weenie droops and the tears follow. If the setup involves differently, then it could be awesome. I like the compromise GFS Euro solution and that could nail most all of us.

Agreed, following the Euro at 12z yesterday it had NW NJ all snow and the 0z run had a mix with more liquid than snow. It does appear as you say at this time. Gut instinct is that we end up all snow. What are your thoughts?

Not sure what to think just yet. Hoping 12Z runs will perhaps, by some miracle, show a trend towards some semablance of consenses. Not going to hold my breath on that though. lol For now I am updating to my folks jury still out but expect a storm perhaps significant with snow and or rain. Yep that is a pretty gutsy call for now. ;)

Basing off a 75 hour Nam?:axe: Before you say this, lets see what the rest of the model suite has.

LOL. Somehow I think its gonna be the opposite. Seasonal trend says the amped up wet miller a is an outlier. gfs, gefs, ggem esembes, euro ensembles, srefs are screaming colder hybrid solution.

Agree.....HP off the coast = bad news for I-95 east

Ok again.

The snowy solutions like the GFS, GFS ensembles, euro ensembles, UKIE, GGEM ensembles, Srefs, RSM and eta are much faster and do not dig unto the gulf.

The High has no time to slide east.

Euro and 12z nam are focusing everything in the gulf and delaying things 24-36 hours giving the high time to slide east.

It's fast vs. Slow. If the coast wants snow, they need the fast, miller b like solution.

Pulling out the ETA to disprove the Nam and Euro? Time to switch threads.....

someone said EE rule so lets use the real eta, not the nam. And use the NAM past 48 hours to prove anything at your own peril.

As to euro, its an outliar to its ensembles. Right now all options are on the table, but clearly changes are occuring against the Miller A euro solution.

NAM is not good for cities. It's digging too much and holding energy back. More like euro.

Much more phases system this time at 72 hrs. Much more energy in the south and phased. Much better defined surface low along the Gulf Coast. Much more like the Euro than the GFS.

isn't the whole point with this not the fact that the nam/euro/whatever has a phased storm but more like what the setup is in the north as it comes up..........so then how can you say not good for cities until you are absolutely sure of the setup??????????

You are comparing ensembles versus operational runs. The operational runs all show Miller A, except for the GFS.

someone said EE rule so lets use the real eta, not the nam. And use the NAM past 48 hours to prove anything at your own peril.

As to euro, its an outliar to its ensembles. Right now all options are on the table, but clearly changes are occuring against the Miller A euro solution.

You are comparing ensembles versus operational runs. The operational runs all show Miller A, except for the GFS.

Im not comparing anything, im giving you the rundown on what show what. when an ensemble mean is at large with its op, something is a skew, and we have seen this winter the euro ensembles school the op, along with the gefs. THey exist for a reason. CMC ensembles too big time disagreement.

Secondly, while the ggem and euro were miller A last night, the ggem did it in a whole new way and trended much more towards a hybrid at H5 and the ukmet now has an offshore solution and is also more like a hybrid not taking its H5 energy to the gom.

You are correct.

It has been well covered in this thread about the HP position. No one is questioning that the HP going east is bad, but look at the solutions that are colder, they are quicker, so the HP hasn't slid off the coast, and thus the equation changes. thats all.

Archived