joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NYC/PHL Jan 25-28 Potential Threat Part 2

am19psu

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's pretty comical to see all of the coastal folks trying to defend the off-shore model runs and how all the NW folks are trying to defend the inland model runs. Nobody can say for sure that one or the other is 100 % correct at this point. All options are on the table as each model has some good and bad points. It's best to compromise at this point until we get closer to the event. We'll see how this ultimately plays out. Let's just hope for the sake of everybody's sanity though that we can ALL get in on the fun with this storm, not just a certain geographical area. :thumbsup::snowman:

LOL...this is true...I'm not defending anything...I will say that a amped up LP coming up from the south usually spells bad news for coastal areas, especially is HP is moving offshore.

exactly. the euro ensembles do NOT support the gfs

and they dont support the OP either. I have seen the mean and the spaghetti plots. The mean is cold and taken verbatum its snow for everyone. The spaghetti plots are faster than the OP and most are east of the op which means they would be colder since they would be getting to the cold air quicker.

GFS is caving and is slowing and digging the energy more this run through 48 hrs.

it has a closed 500 low over the great lakes, not sure what you are seeing. It opens up at 54 hours but clearly its still favoring the northern stream. Would not surprise me though to see it come out with a hybrid like its enembles and not a pure miller b. Its ensembles are probably a good compromise.

it has a closed 500 low over the great lakes, not sure what you are seeing. It opens up at 54 hours but clearly its still favoring the northern stream. Would not surprise me though to see it come out with a hybrid like its enembles and not a pure miller b. Its ensembles are probably a good compromise.

Just go compare the 66 hrs 6z gfs and 60 hrs 12z gfs 500 mb forecast and you will see glaring differences in the orientation.

Archived