Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
NYC/PHL Jan 25-28 Potential Threat Part 2

am19psu

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mt Holly most interesting statement in reference to the NON GFS guidance...

THE NON-GFS SOLUTIONS WOULD RESULT IN MORE THAN 2 INCHES OF LIQUIDEQUIVALENT FOR MOST OF THE FORECAST AREA. AS MENTIONED EARLIER...THENON-GFS SOLUTIONS ARE WARMER...AND WOULD RESULT IN MOSTLY RAIN

OUTSIDE OF THE LEHIGH VALLEY AND THE SOUTHERN POCONOS.

Like how that sounds for the interior! thumbsupsmileyanim.gifSnowman.gif

If the GFS gets this event right I think we can officially say that while the upgrade did squadoosh for its cold bias its tremendously improved its ability to pick up these big storms...it already nailed the 12/26 storm, was VERY consistent on yesterday's event when other models were jumping around a bit and has been consistent on this outside of that one run where it ran the storm well inland.

If the GFS gets this event right I think we can officially say that while the upgrade did squadoosh for its cold bias its tremendously improved its ability to pick up these big storms...it already nailed the 12/26 storm, was VERY consistent on yesterday's event when other models were jumping around a bit and has been consistent on this outside of that one run where it ran the storm well inland.

im curious to see what the gfs ens show, which will be out in 5 or so mins, then its off to bed.

I just woke up, got home at 1am but didnt check anything then...when I saw the GFS run I figured at least one of the other models had given in but no...if anything the Euro was worse than its 12Z run was.

yea it was brutal, warmth everywhere. Though, the ens trended further offshore like the ggem and gfs ens as you probably saw. All the ens guidance lines up.

Yeah its been a heck of lot better this winter, though it gagged pretty bad on the Jan 12th storm

GEFS def. not as amped as the 00z suite and really starting to come into line with one another.

yup...

and regardless of the rain the ec showed, it was quicker and didnt hold as much energy back. the trend is there for the first part we need - a quicker/faster solution. why those on ec train failed to key on that, i dunno.

Archived