Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
NYC/PHL Jan 25-28 Potential Threat Part 2

am19psu

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to honestly say very few storms have taken that track and delivered rain here... That has major snowstorm written all over it for western Orange County..

Yeah, it's mostly a snow track even with a high retreating. I think these high pressures tend to have some lingering cold air, and that's why the NWS and local TV stations are mostly billing this as a snow event in NYC metro.

His argument is that the model is spitting out incorrect information based on track alone, which is patently false (unless he changes his argument).

I completely agree with you that this is simply one piece of an evolving solution at ~4-5 days from an event, but this run is a good illustration of what can go wrong with a synoptic pattern like this.

I don't think it's false...the Euro has a well-known bias. Sure, NYC would mix on that track but I don't buy a heavy rainstorm, even with the Euro track, which I also think is incorrect.

yea at the beginning they are, but as soon as that low gets captured they get crushed.

My vacation house at 1500' in NE PA would get crushed but I don't want to lose the snowpack here at our Westchester home. It's so gorgeous outside right now, I'd take a moderate event over an inland bomb that changes us to heavy rain and destroys everything.

My vacation house at 1500' in NE PA would get crushed but I don't want to lose the snowpack here at our Westchester home. It's so gorgeous outside right now, I'd take a moderate event over an inland bomb that changes us to heavy rain and destroys everything.

yea it sucks, but you may have to face reality that you may see green grass next thursday, and not the grass you smoke.

yea it sucks, but you may have to face reality that you may see green grass next thursday, and not the grass you smoke.

I don't think so dude...ECM has sucked this winter. Remember the Boxing Day fiasco?

There's no way we wouldn't start as snow here in Westchester...there's going to be more overrunning ahead of the low than currently depicted, and temperatures are going to be colder if the storm is sped up to Tuesday afternoon/evening. I'm not at all worried and I'm usually pessimistic on the coastal plain. We're in a snowy, cold pattern...might as well ride it until it ends. We had snow and ice the other day with a low tracking through Iowa. Once again, not at all worried!

When I attended Catholic school in the 1970s in Amityville, I remember 76-77 was cold, but the only winter close to this so far was 77-78.

I want a snow bomb too, but snow changing to rain after an inch or two was the norm, not the exception, when I was a kid.

And February was always the best month...

Funny...the 6 and 12 hr panels have come up with a blank map of the united states.

I think NZucker went in and tried to change the solution to tell them he had 400 ft elevation..and broke the ensembles.

You're really on my case tonight, Earthlight.

Seems like we might have slightly different views on this storm. I'm not really a Euro hugger this time around, mostly looking at track and seasonal persistence. I am not too worried about the high pressure slipping offshore since this is an exceptionally cold airmass, and we're in late January.

Archived