northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
NYC/PHL Jan 25-28 Potential Threat Part 2

am19psu

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would think the EC is serious flood threat, scary one at that for many. Still 4 5 days out, but I'm seriously starting to think the only way we get snow is with GFS type of weak low solution. I' ve seen plenty of storms with awesome tracks bring heavy rain well inland. I don't post much, but i read this board alot and i find it really baffling so many cannot see what screaming south easterly winds straight off the gulf stream will do to transient arctic air in this setup. There's nothing good at all on this solution for I95 snow lovers, will it happen like this? Doubt it, but it sure raised my eyebrows.

Out to 96h...looks like it will be a littlemore tame than the op run which isnt a shock...how much more tame, we'll find out in a couple frames.

Yeah not totally surprising...this a type of case where the ensembles could be mouth-watering but have a ton of spread to the left and right. The GFS Ensembles are certainly different though...there's little spread..they are all hits.

Just SE of ACK at 120h. Definitely some bagginess in the isobars to the SW suggesting that there are def some amped up members that look closer tot he op run.

If the ensemble mean verified though, everyone would stay snow.

Hows the comparison to the 12z ensembles? They amped up considerably from the ensembles at 00z last night.

Hows the comparison to the 12z ensembles? They amped up considerably from the ensembles at 00z last night.

Definitely tamer than the 12z ensemble....by quite a bit. Also much faster. The 12z run at 132h had the low over ACY...hugging the coast. 00z never gets that far W and also has the low SE of ACK at 120h (same verification time as 12z 132h)

Definitely tamer than the 12z ensemble....by quite a bit. Also much faster. The 12z run at 132h had the low over ACY...hugging the coast. 00z never gets that far W and also has the low SE of ACK at 120h (same verification time as 12z 132h)

Wow...now that's the best news I've heard so far tonight. I'll take it for now...lots of variance in the guidance to be expected for the next few days.

Archived